Chapter 32

-Hunter's POV-

As I close the door to the bus, tears gather in my eyes.

I'm leaving my bestfriend for a whole month. I'm going to miss her so much. And the fact that I am 100 percent in love with her makes it harder to leave her.

I tried to stop the tears by blinking, but it only made it worse.

I turn around from the door and Sam is sitting there.

"Hey man, whats wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said and left the room to go over to my bunk bed. As I sat there, I remember that Shelby gave me a peice of paper. "Read it Later." She said. Well...it's later.

I unfolded the paper an began to read it.

Hunter,

I hope you have a really great time on the tour! Make sure you sing your heart out. And dont forget to tell Taylor about me! Haha, well I'm really going to miss you Hunt, but I know this is your dream so even if I miss you, I'm not going to hold you back. EVER! Trust me, it's hard saying goodbye to your bestfriend, even if they are going to be gone for a month. I dont know what I'm going to do when you move to Nashville and become huge. I can already see you playing on your own headlining tour. I'm just so proud of you Hayes. Just dont forget about me when all of those screaming girls come your way;). Love you! ~Shelby

Tears are fall ferociously out of my eyes. How could I ever forget her? She's the only girl for me. I love her so much.

"Seriously man, whats wrong?" Sam said running to where the bunks are. I just shook my head. "Is it Shelby?" He asked. This time I nodded. "C'mon man, it's going to be alright. This month will fly by, trust me."

A few minutes later, he left me in the bunks. I pulled out my phone and went on twitter.

@HunterHayes: Already missing you!!!! @shelby_smiley4

I clicked the button at the top, but as soon as the screen went black, my phone buzzed with a notification from twitter.

@shelby_smiley4: @HunterHayes Missin you more!

I smiled at the screen and shut my phone off. Then I got out of the bunk and walked into the "living room" and sat down on the couch.

All of my band mates are in here.

"Hey Hunter. You okay man?" Sam asked.

"Better I guess." I answered.

"Good, because we dont like seein you unhappy." Matt told me.

I rolled my eyes. "Care to tell us whats wrong? We know it's about Shelby." Sam asked.

"Uhhh, welllllllll....I cant protect Shelby for a whole month! I cant protect her from my ex girlfriend Amber, or any guy that comes her way. I cant see her everyday. I cant look out my window and see Shelby's room. I'll see the road. I just dont want anything to happen to Shelby while I'm gone." I said.

Matt patted my back. "Why dont you tell your friend Cameron to watch over her?"

"Dude thats a great idea! Thanks man!" I exlaimed pulling out my phone and quickly texting Cam.

Me- Hey Cam, while I'm gone, could you watch over Shelby to make sure nobody lays a hand on her. Guys or Amber.

A few minutes later my phone vibrated.

Cam tha man- You dont have to ask me twice! I was going to anyways. She's like my little sister! And If anything happens, I will call you or something.