Chapter 57

-Shelby's POV-

We are currently heading to California. Yeah, I know, this is going to be the longest road trip of my life! Hunter just got back from a music festival thing. There were a lot of awesome singers! Guess who got their picture taken with Brantley Gilbert?! Oh yeah, that's right. ME!!!! Let me tell you right now, he is much more attractive in person.

Hunter performed early, meaning we were able to get on the road sooner than expected. so right now, its about 4 in the evening and we are all relaxin in the living room.

"Brantley Gilbert is sooo attractive!!!" I said for about the 20 millionth time.

"We understand!" Hunter whined.

"He's just so...UGH!!!!" I said.

Hunter sighed. "Okay, now can we please not talk about your little crush on Brantley?"

This time it was my turn to sigh. Why did he get so mad when I said that? It's not like it matters to him. Plus, Brantley is WAY too old for me.

"Hey guys, can you stop bickering. We have a problem here!" Sam said, interrupting us.

"What?!" Hunter and I said in unison, making us laugh.

"We are out of poptarts and cereal! We need some now before we die."

Hunter and I looked at eachother, suppressing a giggle.

"We are stopping for food in about 15 minutes. While we are out, we can go to the store. Sound okay?" Hunter asked.

Matt groaned. "So we have to wait that long to eat?!"

I rolled my eyes. "I think you can survive 15 minutes."

XXXXXXX

"FOOD!!!" Sam and Matt both yelled, digging into their plates piled high with food.

We all decided to go to Golden Corral since it is a buffet. That way Sam and Matt wont complain about how small their servings were.

Hunter, me, and Devo laughed at how weird those two are, and then began to eat our food.

Dinner was good, but I have had better food. The best thing about that place is the chocolate waterfall thing. It's so good!

We are currently on our way to the store so we can get the food that Matt and Sam want. They better love us for this. Mostly because they decided that they ate too much and needed to go lay down for a little while, so Hunter and I are left to do the shopping by ourselves.

We walked into the closest grocery store we found, which just so happened to be Wallmart. As we walked through the front door, we quickly made our way to the back of the store, finding the food that we need.

"You know what Shelby?" Hunter asked me.

"Hmmm?" I said.

"Do you remember my number one on the list?" He asked.

I thought for a few moments and then smiled. "Start a concert in the middle of a store..."

"You wanna help me set up?" He asked.

My smile got even wider as I walked around looking for some useful things. I grabbed a few crates and a pan and a spoon. People gave me odd looks, but I just smiled at them an walked off. It's a good thing this store is busy today...

I walked up to a woman and handed her my phone. "May you please press that button right there, and hold it right there when I say go?" I asked her. She smiled kindly and looked over at my phone.

"Are you ready?" I asked Hunter after I placed the crates in the middle of the store.

"Heck yeah!" He said, strapping a guitar he found in the back somewhere, over his chest.

I looked over at the lady and said, "Go."

She nodded and pressed the record button. Hunter took a deep breath and released it. I grabbed the pan and spoon, and hit the spoon to the pan a few times as hard as I could, earning peoples attention.

"Oh my god, that's Hunter Hayes!" I heard somebody whisper.

Everybody got in closer, and Hunter began singing.

"I've wasted time and money honey treating you like a queen.

I might as well have just thrown matches at a tank of gasoline

Well it all went up in a ball of flames yeah girl you torched me good

I got burned and learned that I loved you more than I should.

Cause my heart said a long time ago

Buddy tuck your tail and run

Cause it aint love when your stuck on the wrong end of the gun

Well you put your finger on that trigger and you shot me where I stood

Well I got burned and learned that I love you more than I should.

Curse the man that made the sweet perfume that casts a spell

And curse the night that made us kiss beneath the star that fell

And curse the man before me didnt warn me-"

"Get down from there right now or I'm calling the police!" A man said, wearing a shirt that said wallmart.

Hunter's eyes widened as this happened, and he hopped off of the crates. His eyes met mine and I knew what he was saying. I nodded and looked over toward the woman with my phone, still recording.

"Thank you ma'am!" I said, snatching the phone from her. Hunter and I booked it out of the store. He reached out for my hand and I let him take it and pull me along.

As I looked back, I saw the man from the store running after us.

"Shoot Hunter, run faster!!" I yelled, seeing the man slow down a little. He was very 'plump' if you know what I mean.

We kept running and running until we found ourselves running toward another store and the man was long gone behind us. We stood outside the store for a little while, catching our breaths. I've never ran this much in my life.

"I think..." Hunter said, taking a deep breath. "That we were able to mark two thinks off of our list."

"What're you talkin about?" I asked, between breaths. My hands were resting on my knees and I was bent over, facing the ground.

"Mine was to start a concert in a store and one of yours said get kicked out of a store. We managed to get two in one!" He said.

I smiled. "You're right aren't you?"

He nodded his head and took my hand in his. "I always am."

XXXXXX

"What the heck took yawl so long?!" Sam yelled as we entered the bus with the groceries they wanted.

Instead of answering, I handed them my phone for them to watch the video.

"You guys seriously did this??" Matt asked, surprised.

"We just gave you video evidence, and you dont believe us?" Hunter asked, astonished.

"We do, we just dont see yawl doin something like this!"

"Well, yawl have seen the list. We will be doing some pretty crazy this in public this summer..." I said, smiling deviously.