Chapter 58

"Shelby, where are we going?" Hunter asked me.

"You will figure out in a second. Hold on!" I said.

"I cant see anything!"

"That's the point of a blindfold dummy."

Hunter stopped dead in his tracks.

"What'd you just call me?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "A dummy, now keep walking. We need to make it there on time." I started pushing him, but he stood his ground.

"Not until you appologize."

"Hunter, are you seriously doing this right now? Just walk." He threw his arms over his chest and started tapping his foot.

"Tick....tock....tick.....tock....ti-"

"I'm sorry! Now keep moving!" I yelled.

Hunter smiled in victory and began walking again.

"How much longer?!" Hunter groaned.

I ignored him, and positioned him how I wanted him to be.

"Okay, you can take your blind fold off in...three...two...one!"

Hunter ripped the blindfold off and stared in awe at what was standing before him. With his mouth opened, he walked up to the silver mustang infront of him, running his hand along the front of the car.

"Choose wisely..." I told him, before jumping in a white Camero and driving off to the starting line.

About 10 minutes later, Hunter pulled up beside me. "What is this?" He asked.

"It's your number 4." I told him.

"Race cars..." He said under his breath, smiling through every word.

"Correct! So are you ready to put these bad boys to to the test?" I asked.

"Oh you're on Grandma!" He said, referring to the way that I drive.

"Oh, whatever!" I said, starting the engine.

"On your mark...get set....go!"

I took off, speeding around the huge circular track. Hunter trailing behind me. I suddenly laughed, and began to speed up. Racing to beat him to the finish line.

XXXXXX

"You cheated!" Hunter yelled.

I rolled my eyes. "I did not! I beat you fair and square!"

Hunter crossed his arms over his chest and pouted. I smiled and walked closer to him. I poked his nose.

"Is someone being a sore loser?"

"No!" He pouted more.

"Okay." I said, in a tone someone would use to talk to a baby. "I think it's time we go back."

Hunter groaned. "No! I gotta beat you!!"

I laughed. "You can try all you want big boy!"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Try me."

XXXXXX

It took 12 try's for Hunter to finally beat me.

Worn out and tierd from all that driving, I crawled onto the couch in the bus and sprawled out. I cuddled a pillow and closed my eyes. Taking a nap sounds nice right now!

"Wake up Shelby!" I groaned and opened my eyes to Hunter standing right above me.

"Whaaaatttt?!" I drawled.

"We are going out for lunch. No time for napping right now."

"There is always time for napping! Now let me sleep!" I slapped his arm and stuffed my face in the couch cushion.

"Not when its a special lunch! We have to meet with Dann to talk about how the tour is going. He wants you to be there so you can give some critiques or something like that."

I sighed, knowing I couldn't go to sleep. "You're lucky I love you." I said, then stood up to leave. I was already dressed nicely so there was no reason to change.

"Yes I am!" Hunter said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door. We walked over to a car thats I'm guessing is a rental for us, then got in. Hunter opened the passengers side door for me, then walked over to the drivers side and got in.

"What a gentleman!" I joked.

"Only for you." He winked then drove off. I froze in my seat and a tiny blush appeared on my cheeks, only because of what he said.

It was quiet in the car for the ride to the restraunt, but it didnt really matter because it was only about a 10 minute ride.

Hunter walked with me, hand in hand, to the table already sitting Dann and Hunter's manager. Hunter and I each took a seat across from them.

"So have you and Shelby finally made it official?" Dann asked Hunter. We both gave him a confused look, and he pointed to our intertwined fingers.

I gave a nervous chuckle and unlocked our fingers. "Um, no. We're just friends." I said to Dann.

Hunter nodded, but the expression on his face showed sadness. I sighed and sat back in my seat. Dann shook his head at us.

After we ordered our drinks, Dann began with the questions.

"Okay Shelby. I have heard that this is quite a tour, but I want to know your perspective of this tour. I want to know what we should change to make the next one better."

My eyes widened at his forwardness. I shrugged. "I like the shows how they are."

Dann shook his head as if to tell me I was wrong. "There has to be at least one thing wrong."

"Umm, well." I thought hard. "Maybe Hunter could possibly do some more covers of songs because I love when people do that. And I feel like there should be more going on behind him. Like lights! Oh, and the layout of the stage and how everything is set up is a little weird, it doesn't give Hunter as much space to run around, because we all know he likes to do that."

Dann smiled. "That all sounds great! Do you have any advice on song choice or anything like that."

I shrugged. "Well, I really like it when artists do covers of songs, so maybe Hunter could do more of those..."

"I was thinking the same thing! I really want to do more covers too." Hunter interjected.

"Sounds great!" Dann said.

For the rest of the meal, we sat around and talked about the tour and everything like that. We also talked about what all we have done on the side and everything.

The whole meal was fun, and I was happy Dann asked for me to tag along.