Chapter 20

-Shelby's POV-

I walk out of my last class and head straight to my locker. After opening my locker, I put all of my books in my locker and grabbed everything I needed for homework tonight. I shut my locker and was about to turn around when I felt arms wrap around my waist and pick me up. The person began spinning me around in circles. After the person put me down, I turned around and came face to face with my bestfriend.

"Hey, you didnt scream this time!" Hunter said bumping me with his shoulder. We began to walk to the door. I flung my bag over my shoulder.

I laughed. "Yea...I guess I learned something from the bonfire. Plus, I would make even more of a scene here."

"That is very true!" Hunter said opening the doors of the school. I walked through an he followed.

We were driving down the road, but instead of taking a left, Hunter took a right. "Hunter where are we going?" I asked getting slightly worried.

"We are getting some coffee to celebrate what happened this morning!" Hunter said, turning into Starbucks.

I nodded my head, and got out of the car after he parked. He got out and we walked in together.

"Hunter! I heard you on the radio this morning you did amazing!" Lindsey, the lady working the cash register said. We come here so much that we know everybody that works here. They even know our orders now.

"Wow, thanks!" Hunter said smiling.

"Wait, your the Hunter that sang this morning?" A man in a booth asked. Hunter nodded. "Oh well this might be weird for me asking, but can I get my picture taken with you?" The man asked.

"Uh, yea sure." The man got up and walked over to Hunter.

"Hey. I'm gonna go get a booth. I told Hunter. He said ok. I grabbed our drinks and walked over to the corner booth.

"Oh, can I get a picture too?"

"Oh, me too!"

"Please????"

Soon enough, there was a crowd around Hunter. I didnt even notice how packed it was until now.

Hunter scooted into the booth about 30 minutes and a half a coffee later.

"Hey, Shelby, I'm sorry about that." Hunter apologized.

"Dont be! Hunter, you have fans! This is amazing." I said truthfully. I wasn't mad at all! Seeing Hunter take all of those pictures with those people was amazing. He was so sweet to them. He is gonna be such a nice celebrity when he is more known.

"You promise you're not mad at me?" He asked.

"Hunter, I swear!" He smiled at me, causing me to smile back.

"This is why I love ya Shelbs!"

"You better! I'm your bestfriend, so you have to love me!" I said causing Hunter to laugh.

"Well then that means you have to love me!" Hunter winked.

"Well, I dont know about that!" Hunter reached over the table and hit my arm playfully. "I'm just kidding!"

"Then say it!"

"Say what?"

"Say you love me!"

"Why?" I asked. He sent me a look, causing me to laugh.

"Because I want to hear you say it!"

"Okay, okay! I..."

"Go on.."

"Love........."

"Shelby!" I laughed again.

"Ok, I love ya!" I said. He laughed.

"Finally!!!" He cheered.

After we finished our coffees we drove home.

I got out of the car and waved goodbye to Hunter.

"Congrats On your song Hunter. I'm proud of you! Bye!! See ya later." I said walking to my front door.

"Thanks Shell. It means a lot! Bye!" Hunter said pulling out of my driveway.

I smiled to myself before walking inside. Mom and dad were both in the living room. I walked as silently as I could into the living room, making sure that they wont here me.

I took my first step in before yelling. "HUNTER WAS ON THE FREAKING RADIO THIS MORNING!!!!" They both jumped and looked at me with a startled expression on their faces. Soon enough that expression faded and a new one appeared. They were both smiling ear to ear.

"I KNOW! WE HEARD HIM THIS MORNING TOO! He sounded AMAZING!" My mom yelled.

"I know he did! I'm just so proud of how far he has come in just a few months."

"We are too sweetie."

I walked out of the living room and up the stairs to my bedroom. After shutting the door behind me, I walked over to my bed and sat down. I glanced over at my bedside table. Lying there was the CD my bestfriend gave me a couple of days back. I picked it up and began to study it in my hands. After holding it in my hands for a few minutes, I stood up and walked over to where my dresser is and grabbed the radio laying ontop of it. I walked back over to my bed and set my radio on it, then put the CD in it. my bestfriend's voice filled my room and I began singing along.

I have listened to this disk so many times over the past few days that I memorize every lyric to every song.