Chapter 61

-Shelby's POV-

"Hunter?" I asked as we were walking down the street towards the tour bus. We are only going there to get clothes for mudding and a change of clean ones

"Hmm?" He responded.

"Why didn't you tell me you like someone?" It was eating me up...I had to say something!

Hunter looked away from me and off into the distance. "I don't know..." He said.

"Is it for the same girl you wrote wanted..and most of your other songs about?" I asked, remembering he told me that.

Hunter looked back at me and smiled. "Yes."

I half smiled, feeling the jealousy hit. "Why won't you tell me who it is? I mean, we're best friends. We tell each other litterally everything."

His smile dropped. "Shelby, I promise I will tell you. Just not today, okay?"

"Will you tell me one thing?" I asked.

"Depends on the question babe." Hunter told me, hitting my arm with his shoulder lightly.

I laughed, then got serious. "It's not Amber is it?"

His face dropped even more. "No. God no! How? What? Why would you think that?"

"I don't know..."

"Well the answer is a definite no."

I smiled. "Good."

"Why? Would you be jealous?"

Yes. "No? Why would I be jealous?"

"Cause I'm Hunter freakin Hayes!"

"Wow! Self-centered much? Egotistical much? Oh and by the way, your middle name is Easton, not freaking. Get your facts straight." And then I ran into the bus.

-Hunter's POV-

I smirked, walking into the bus. That girl...

I can't tell her now. I mean, we are on tour and what would happen if she freaked out? The rest of the summer would just be completely awkward and weird. I can't have that happen. But I swear, at the end of the summer, I will.

"C'mon Hunter! Hurry up!" Shelby said, walking out in a pair of athletic shorts and a tank top.

I smiled. "Hold on."

She rolled her eyes but sat on the couch anyways. "I'm giving you like 5 minutes before I leave."

I nodded my head and walked back to the bathroom, changing into some athletic shorts and an old tshirt.

I walked out to see Shelby on her phone. I looked over to see her on twitter. Her eyes looked up from her phone and her mouth twitched up into a smirk.

"Wow, Hunter Hayes wears something other than skinny jeans and a v-neck? Is this a parallel universe?" She asked, joking.

I frowned. "Jerk." I said, tossing a pillow in her direction.

She smiled. "What can I say?"

I shrugged my shoulders at her and stood up. "Are we leaving or not?" I asked her.

"Oh, um. Yeah!" She grabbed ahold of my arm and began pulling me out of the bus, making sure to grab our bag of clothes.

It took us about 15 minutes to get to an open feild, luckily it rained here last night. Shelby and I rented a four wheeler, since we are on the road we can't buy one, let alone take one with us. So we had someone bring it here.

Shelby smiled at this, excited about what is going to happen. Then she started heading towards the four wheeler.

"Woah, woah, woah! Hold on a sec!" I yelled, catching up with her. "I drive!"

She smirked. "Said the guy who lost to a girl whilst racing cars."

I scowled at her. "You did not just go there!"

"Yes, hun... I did. So, I'm driving first!" She said, taking the keys and starting up the four wheeler. "C'mon big boy! Hop on the back!" Then she handed me a helmet and she put one on herself.

I groaned and sat behind her.

"Hold on tight!" She said right before taking off as fast as she possibly could, doing donuts, making sure every moment that mud is splashing on us.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her waist and watched her face as she made the sharp turns. She was so excited, like a kid on Christmas morning. It was so cute, and right then and there I know for sure that this is the girl I fell in love with.

XXXXXX

"That was soooo much fun!" Shelby said taking off her helmet.

I laughed. "You drive like an insane person!" I told her.

"I get that a lot! That's another reason why I never drive to school!"

I smirked. "Oh is it that, or is it the reason you just can't resist seeing my face in the morning?"

She smirked back. "It's the first one."

My smile dropped.

"Calm down, I was only joking." She told me, hitting her shoulder on mine. I looked over to her and my smile instantly hit my face again. I can't help but smile when i'm around her.

"So what to do next?" I asked her.

"Are you up for some coffee?" She asked me.

I smirked. "I'm ready for 15 cups worth."