Chapter 8

-One week later, September 9th. (Hunter's Birthday)-

I walked up to Hunter's house and knocked on the door. A few moments later, Lynette answered. "Hello Shelby! Hunter's upstairs sleeping. You can go wake him up if you want to!" She told me smiling from ear to ear. "Ok thanks!" I said as I walked inside the house and up to Hunter's room. I eased the door open and took a step into his room. A smile formed on my lips as I saw Hunter laying there sleeping, he looked so adorable. I walked up to his bed, as sat on the side of it before yelling in his ear. "GET UP GRANDPA!" He jerked awake as I said this. I started cracking up! "Woah!!" He said. "Happy Birthday!" I said. "Thanks." He said smiling. "Why did ya call me grandpa?" He asked. "Uh, because you are officially old." I told him laughing. "Oh, Thanks." I nodded. "Well, get up! You have a big day ahead of you! No go get a shower, get dressed, do your hair all good, and then meet me outside. Oh and dress nicely!" I said as I walked out of his room.

-Hunter's POV-

I sat there confused as to what just happened. Then I soon got up out of my bed and ran to the bathroom to take a shower.

After the shower, I walked out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. The first thing I saw was something sitting on my bed. I walked over to my bed and found a pair of dark skinny jeans and a whit v neck t shirt with a note on top written in Shelby's handwriting.

Hunter,

I dont trust you with picking out your clothes, so I did it for you!

Love, Shelby:)

I picked the clothes up and threw them on, with a pair of my black converse. Then, I walked into the bathroom and gelled up my hair like I normally do it. I made sure i looked fine before I walked down the stairs. My parents were on the couch watching tv.

"Hi mom, dad, I'm going with Shelby. Is that ok?" I asked. They both nodded. "Happy birthday son!" They both told me before I walked out the door. Shelby was sitting there on her porch steps as I began walking up to her. She looked up at me.

"Hey Hunter! You ready?" She asked I nodded, and before I knew it, we were in her car driving down the road.

"So, where exactly are we going?" I asked Shelby. "First we are going to Starbucks to get you some coffee, which you are not paying for, and the thing after that is a surprise!" She told me smiling. I nodded as we pulled into the Starbucks parking lot. I got out and followed Shelby inside.

We got our normal coffee's and sat down at a booth. "So, how does it feel to finally be an adult?" Shelby asked me. "No different, except I can vote now!" "Oh, fun!" She said sarcatically. I took a sip of my drink as I laughed. "So you really wont tell me where we are going next?" I asked her. "Nope" She said popping the 'p'. "You will find out later!" She said. "Ugh! You're gonna kill me!" "Yea, yea." she said.

After we were done, we stood up, threw our drinks away, and then headed out to her car. She hopped in the drivers seat, while I went to the passenger side. "You might want to get comfortable, we have about an hour drive ahead of us." Shelby said. I leaned back in my seat and cranked up the radio. It was on the country station, it's always in the country station, so I started to sing along to some songs.

I quickly looked over at Shelby and caught her smiling. I stopped singing. "Why are you smiling?" I asked her. "Well, I'm excited for this surprise." She said. "I would be if I knew where we are going." "Hunter, stop being so impatient, your worse than me!" She told me. I laughed. "I wonder how your parents take being in the car with you!" She said. "Hey, I'm only like this when I want to know whats going on in my life, ecspecially since you are kidnapping me on my birthday!" I said. Shelby laughed at that, but didnt say anythig. Instead, she just kept he eyes locked on the road infront of her.