Chapter 49

-Hunter's POV-

I can't believe Shelby said yes! I get to go on tour with not only my best friend, but the girl that I'm in love with. And ontop of all that, Shelby and I just graduated highschool last week!

Yep, it's already been a week, meaning Shelby and I are leaving tomorrow, and heading to Nashville. I love it there! I have been there before when I was on your with Taylor, and it was awesome!

I am currently gathering all of my bags, and laying them right infront of my bed. I also layed out the clothes that I am going to wear tomorrow, which are just sweats and my Rubix Cube tshirt. I mean, I'm just going to be on a plane all day, why not be comfortable?

I'm gathering stuff now, because we have an early flight. Yea, yea. We are flying to Nashville, I know it's only an 8 hour drive, but my parents dont want me driving that far...Oh well! The flight leaves at 7:14 am, but the drive to get to the airport is an hour and a half. That means Shelby and I get to wake up super early! Yay. Note the sarcasm.

I lift up my phone to see what time it is. Then I crawl into bed, and plug my phone in the charger, closing my eyes tightly, because it's already 11 o'clock.

XXXXXX

-Shelby's POV-

I am awoken by the sound my phone ringing. I slowly sit up and answer the phone, not checking who it is.

"Hello?" I asked, groggily.

"Shelby? Did you just wake up?" Hunter's voice came through the reciever.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm here to pick you up! We need to leave for the airport!!"

And just like that, I was completely awake, throwing the comforter off of me, and running over to my dresser.

"Okay, I will be out in like 5 min." I said, hanging the phone up.

I then threw on a pair of yoga pants, and one of Hunter's shirts that he accedentally left here the other night.

Then I threw my hair up into a messy bun, and put on some flipflops. I grabbed my phone and charger, and stuffed them in my bags. After that, I grabbed all of my bags and ran down the stairs and out to Hunter's car.

"Well, hi there!" Hunter said.

"Hi." I said, completely out of breath.

He laughed. "Okay, our parents have already left for the airport, so we are going to meet them there."

I nodded my head as Hunter turned the ignition on, and began to drive down the road.

Yawning, I reached up and turned the radio on, hoping the trip to the airport would go by quickly.

XXXXXX

"Shelby, I'm going to miss you! Call and text me every morning and night! If something happens make sure you tell me. Oh! And also text me once you get off the plane!" Mom babbled.

I laughed. "Okay mom. Dont worry." I told her.

She sighed and pulled me into a huge bear hug, which dad eventually joined. Soon enough, Me, mom, dad, Lynette, Leo, and Hunter were all huddled together, saying our last goodbyes.

We probably looked like we were crazy! A huge group hug in the middle of an airport. But who cares? I am crazy!!!

"Flight 9..." The woman on the intercom said. Hunter and I smiled at eachother and began walking towards the lady at the podium.

We turned around and gave our families one last wave. Hunter grabbed ahold of my hand, and led me to the gate.

"Tickets please." The very perky woman said.

We smiled and handed our tickets over. "Well you guys are just too cute! Are yawl boyfriend and girlfriend the woman asked.

I was about to say no, when Hunter interjected. "Uh, yeah."

I looked at him weirdly and he just shrugged it off.

We walked onto the plane and took our seats after placing our carry ons in the overhead compartment.

"Why did you say we were a couple?" I asked Hunter.

"If I would have said no, she would have kept saying 'you should date' or 'you're too cute not to date'. I'd rather that not happen. I'm too tired to deal with perky people."

I giggled. "Amen!" I said, putting my seatbelt on, and resting my eyes.

"Please fasten your seatbelts. We are getting ready for take off..."

I couldn't hear anymore, because I was already asleep.

XXXXX

"Shelby. Hey Shelby, wake up!" Hunter exclaimed in my ear.

I opened my eyes, and took in my surroundings. Oh, that's right. I'm on a plane!

"Hmmmmmmm?" I mumbled.

"The planes gonna land in about 5 minutes."

I yawned. "Okay."

Sitting up in my seat, I looked over at Hunter and smiled.

"What?" He asked.

"Are you excited?"

"Duhhhhh!" He joked.

I laughed. "Thanks for letting me come with you!"

"Are you kidding me? I couldn't be away from you for the whole summer! Are you crazy?"

"Hunter, I think we both know the answer to the last question..."

"Yeah, you are pretty crazy."

A few minutes later, the plane landed and we were gathering our bags from the baggage claim.

"Where are we going now?" I asked Hunter.

"Well, Sam told me that they will meet us right here. Sooo, I dont know. Let me call him."

I nodded my head as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed, who I suppose, is Sam's number.

"Hey man, we are here." Hunter said into the phone. It was too loud to here what Sam had said on the other line. "Okay, we'll meet you there. Bye."

Hunter hung up the phone, and smiled at me. "They said that they are here, and to meet them outside."

I smiled back and began dragging my bags on the floor behind me. I was headed to the nearest door, and Hunter was trailing behind me.

"Pick up your speed Hayes!" I told him.

"Dude, I'm carrying half of your bags!" He protested.

Yeah, I did bring a lot of bags, and I kind of made him carry some of mine...Hey, I'm a girl. I need a lot of clothes!

"You asked if I needed help, and I took up on that offer."

"Yeah, but-"

"You guys are already bickering?!"

Hunter and I turned around, noticing that we are already outside.

"Hey Sam!" Hunter said, reaching over and engulfing him in a hug.

After they were done, Sam pulled me into him, and hugged me. "Hi Sammy!" I said.

"Hey Shelby! Now what were yawl fighting about?" He asked.

"Well, Shelby made me carry some of he bags-"

"I did not make you! You offered!"

"Anyway, she told me to hurry up. I can only walk so fast dragging like 500 pounds of stuff behind me!"

Sam shook his head. "Yawl fight like a married couple!"

Hunter and I shrug. "We get that a lot." We said in unison.