Chapter 18

-Hunter's POV-

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Shelby was asleep next to me. I guess we fell asleep watching movies last night. I slowly stood up, making sure I wouldn't wake Shelby, and ran over to grab my phone.

It was Dan, the head of my record label.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hunter! I have great news!" Dan said happily through the phone.

I laughed. "Well, what would that be?"

"We are releasing 'Wanted' as your first single!"

My eyes widened and a smile hit my face. "Oh my gosh! When?"

"Anytime this week. I know its short notice, but we want it to come out a few months before your album does." Dan explained.

"Oh my gosh! This is amazing!" I said, getting really excited.

"Yes, I know! What time this week would you like to release it?"

"Uh..." I thought for a moment. "How about Tuesday!"

"Sounds great! I will see you tomorrow?" Dan asked.

"Yeah, sure! Tell me when!" I said hanging up the phone.

They are releasing my first single! Like Whaaaaaaaat? I'm so excited! This is amazing! I can't believe that my musical career is now taking off. I think that I can go far. Only because I believe Shelby and I know she has faith in me.

"Shelby, wake up!!!!" I yelled in her face. She jerked awake and smacked me with a pillow. "Well then, I guess I wont tell you my good news that I found out!" She sat up real quick wit her eyes wide.

"What is it?!"

"Well, Dan just called me..." I said pausing. Shelby rolled her eyes pushed me. i laughed. "THEY ARE RELEASING MY FIRST SINGLE 'WANTED!!" I screamed. Shelby screamed to, and tackled me in a hug. I started laughing.

"HUNTER, THATS AMAZING!!" She said, still hugging me. She was ontop of me and still hugging me. I laughed.

"I know! Thank you so much Shelby."

"Why are you thinking me?" She asked sitting up.

"If it weren't for you, I would've never gotten the record deal-"

"Hunter, stop saying that. You deserved it! You're the one who sang the song for him. I told you this a billion times!" Shelby said, cutting me off.

"No. Listen to me. I wasn't done talking. You are the one who gave me the opportunity to get the record deal. Shelby, you are the one that pushed me to reach my dream. When I began struggling and when I wanted to stop, you wouldnt allow me to. You made me pick my guitar right back up and try again. Shelby, I cant thank you enough for that!" I reached over and hugged her again.

Without saying a word she hugged me to.

"I only did that, because I know how amazing you are at music. You deserve every second you get." She said, kissing my cheek. my cheeks got hot and I smiled real big. "Hey, let's go tell your parents!"She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me up the stairs.

Hey guys! So, I'm sorry that this chapter is so short. I just needed this chapter in here. But, if ya think about it, I updated earlier than I expected! Yaysies! Haha, ok, well, I am going to probably update it tomorrow. Again, I litterally have nothing to do tomorrow so it's a perfect day to do so! :)

Thanks for reading!

Comment below how you think this fanfic is, I would really like to know. I dont want to bore yawl to death! Love yawl! 😊