Chapter 9

I was sitting on my back porch, waiting for Hunter to show up. He texted me while I was at the party and told me meet him out here.

I'm happy that I get to see Hunter.

I picked up my phone and checked the time. 12:32.

He's about a half an hour late. Is he ditching me? No, he probably just got held up at the studio. But he would've told me, right? Shelby stop! Keep your head clear.

I started to look up at the stars. Something Hunter and I used to do. We would lay out a little blanket in the grass and just lay down on it, looking up at the stars and moon. Pointing out little shapes, and what some of them look like to us. Our old imaginations.

Seems like every memory I have, includes Hunter. Because he has been there with me through everything.

I checked my phone for the time again.

1:03 am.

He's not going to come.

I got up from the porch and walked inside my house. I ran up to my room and threw myself on my bed, and under the covers.

Before I closed my eyes, I looked over to Hunter's room. He was sitting on his bed, playing his guitar.

He sure has a lot if time for music...

-

"Wake up Shelby! You have to get ready for school!!" My mom's voice woke me.

"I dont want to go!!!" I groaned pulling my pillow on top of my face.

"C'mon Shelby. Hunter will be here to pick you up in about fifteen minutes."

Suddenly, memories from last night filled my mind. He never came.

"I dont care." I simply said.

Mom rolled her eyes. "Shelby Morgan! Get your butt up now! I am not going to ask you again." She sternly.

I quickly got up off of my bed and walked to my closet to pick out my clothes. I turned around and saw mom leaving my room.

After getting ready, I ran down the stairs and grabbed a granola bar before heading out the door.

Hunter was leaning up against the good of his car with a smirk on his face.

Ignoring him, I walked right past him and hopped into the passenger seat. He looked confused as he walked over to the drivers side and getting in.

It was silent in the car. I didnt like it, but I wasn't going to talk. I know it may be silly to be acting like this, but it seems like Hunter isn't paying any attention to me. I miss having my bestfriend with me.

"Shelby, is something wrong?" Hunter asked, finally breaking the silence.

I didnt answere.

Did Hunter seriously not know?

"Shelby, what did I do wrong?" He asked.

"I waited for an hour, Hunter." I said, finally speaking to him. He gave me a confused look. "You told me to meet you outside at midnight, because you blew me off earlier that night."

He suddenly knew exactly what I was talking about. "Oh my gosh Shelby!" He said worriedly. "I am so sorry. I got lost in the music."

"Seem's like that's been happening a lot lately." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked, confused again.

"Hunter. Have you noticed how much time you are at the studio? We never hang out anymore. Just you and me." I said.