Chapter 13

"Let's watch The Notebook!" I told Hunter, pointing to the T.V screen.

"But isn't that like the girliest movie like EVER?" Hunter asked.

"Yes, but it's a really good movie! Please Hunter!!" I begged.

"Ugh! Ok." Hunter said lifting the remote up to click the title on the screen.

I leaned my head against the back of the couch in his basement and scooted in closer to Hunter.

XXXXX

"You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had. And no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together, is the greatest day of my life. I will always be your's."

A tear slipped down the side of my face, and then a sniffle came out. But the sniffle wasnt from me...

Confused, I looked over to see Hunter crying full on. Tears streaming down his face, and you could tell that he was holding in a sob.

I grabbed my phone and quickly took a picture of him, the went to twitter and posted it.

@shelby_smiley4: @HunterHayes crying over the movie The Notebook...

Then I attached the picture.

"Hunter, are you crying?" I asked.

"No I'm not crying. I just have an eyelash in my eye." Hunter said.

"Oh, really? Because I dont think that eyelashes cause people to sniffle..."

"They can because- Oh who am I kidding? You're my bestfriend! Yes I was crying. It's a sad movie..."

"Hunter Hayes is crying over a chick flick!"

"So! Nobody will know!"

"Ha, that's what you think...."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I kinda posted a picture of you crying on twitter, and then I just video taped you saying that you were crying..."

"Shelby, please take that picture down!"

"No, I'm good... Oh look, I've already got 50 favorites and 200 retweets."

"Shelby! I'm being serious! Take it down."

"No, I think I'm good."

He stood up and towered over me. Then leaned down and started tickling me.

"Hunter stop it! Hunter seriously! It tickles!!!" I screamed.

"Well, that is sort of the point of tickling." He said as he kept tickling me on my rib cage, which everybody knows is where I am most ticklish.

"Hunter seriously stop!" I screamed.

"Only if you take the picture down."

"Never!" I said, escaping from his grasp and running up the stairs. I was almost to the top when he caught up with me and flung me over his shoulder. "Hunter if you dont put me down, I will kick you in the face!"

"Nah, I'm good." He flung me on the couch and began tickling me again.

"LEO!! LYNETTE!!! HELP ME!!!" I screamed.

Lynette then walked in the room.

"What in the world is going on in here?!" Lynette asked.

Hunter stopped and got up. I did to, and ran to Lynette's side.

"Well, Hunter and I were watching the Notebook, and Hunter began crying in it, so of course I had to take a picture of that, then I posted it on twitter without Hunter knowing. Then I got him to confess on camera that he was crying. Hunter got mad and began tickling me." I said so fast that I was out of breath.

"Wait, so you got Hunter to watch the Notebook?" Lynette asked smiling widely.

"Yes!" I said excitedly.

"Wow! Well then. Shelby...about those pictures...........Let me see them!"

This is why I love Lynette! She loves to make fun of her son and mess around with him.

"Ok." I said getting my phone out and showing her the pictures.

"Shelby..." Lynette said, sounding a little stern.

"Please dont tell me to take it down!" I begged.

"I wasn't! I was going to say that, that is hilarious! Show me the video!!!"

I slid the screen to the left and pressed play.

"Haha!!!" Lynette starting cracking up laughing.

"What is going on out here?" Leo asked walking into the living room.

I didnt say anything. Instead, I walked up to him and showed him the picture and the video.

"Hunter. How were you crying over that movie?" Leo asked.

"I dont know!" Hunter said annoyed.

"Well, that is very funny!" Leo said.

"Oh, thats it!" Hunter said running over to me. I ran away from him, going up the stairs, taking two at a time. I ran into the bathroom with Hunter right behind me.

I cant run anywhere. I'm trapped. This cant be good.

Hunter picked me up bridal style. Next, he used his foot and turned the shower on. He began walking closer and closer to the shower. "Hunter, Dont do it! Please dont!" I screamed, but if course he didnt listen. He sat me down on the floor of the shower.

The water of the shower was soaking me, causing the fabric of my clothes to cling to me. I sat there for a minute, trying to figure out what to do next.

After I got it, I turned the shower off and stood up.

Hunter was laughing at me. Hard.

I took a step out of the shower, causing Hunter to back up. Before he could get away from me, I ran full speed towards him and jumped on him. Wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, soaking him.

I hopped off and began laughing.

"Shelby!" Hunter said.

"Hey, you didnt just get put in the shower!" I complained.

"No, but I did just get soaked from a girl who was in the shower."

I shook my head and began to walk downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Hunter asked me.

"I'm thirsty." I said. He nodded his head and followed behind me.

I reached the bottom if the stairs and walked into the kitchen. Lynette and Leo were both standing there talking while Lynette was making dinner.

They both turned their heads to look at me.

"Shelby! What happened to you!?" Leo yelled.

"Well, your son cornered me in the bathroom, picked me up, turned the shower on and dropped me on the floor of the shower."

"Hunter, why in the world would you do that?" Lynette asked.

"I got tierd of you guys talking about me crying! It happens!" Hunter said.

"Ok. Well we wont talk about it anymore. Go dry off, dinner is almost ready." Lynette said.

Hunter and I nodded and began up the staircase.

"Crap!" I said. "I forgot to get clothes. I will be right back." I said beginning to walk away. Hunter stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"No, its ok. You can wear some of my clothes." Hunter said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I mean, I kinda did that to you." I laughed.

Hunter walked over to his dresser and pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a tshirt.

"Thanks." I said as I took the clothes from his hands, walking off towards the bathroom.

"Your welcome!"

After I was dressed, I threw my hair ontop of my head in a messy bun, and walked out.

Just as I was about to knock on Hunter's door, his mom yelled up to us telling us that it was time to eat.