Chapter 75

"Good Luck." I told Hunter, giving him a big hug before he ran onstage. The weather did as was supposed so it is currently raining.

They wanted to cancel this concert but me and Hunter told him that no can do, we have to have this concert.

Hunter began singing right when he hit that stage. I love to watch the fan's faces when they spot him. They just light up.

Yesterday when we showed up. We went right to our hotel rooms and got ready for the Empire State Building.

So, this concert in the rain thing was the last thing that we had to cross off of the list, which is super exciting!

I kept watching Hunter from side stage, never once did a smile fall from my face.

At the end of the concert, Hunter stood there, center stage and smiled.

"You guys....you are the best fans anybody could ever ask for. As you all know, this is my last concert I will be playing in this tour and I want to thank each and every one of you for coming out and supporting me! You guys are what make me love what I do and I can't thank you more for that! I love you guys so much!" A tear slipped down the right sight of his face as he waved and walked off.

The crowd was in tears by his words, and so was I.

"That was beautiful, Hayes." I said walking over to him and hugging him.

"Thanks." He said, hugging back tight.

"Just remember," I said whispering in his ear. "We both know that this isn't the end for you! You will have many more tours."

I could feel him smile into my shoulder. "This is why I love you." he told me laughing.

I smiled back. "Yeah yeah!" I said. "Now, let's get home!"

XXXXXX

The flight back was 12 hours long.

I spent it watching a few movies with Hunter and listening to the music that Hunter is working on.

After every song he showed me, I turned to him and smiled, telling him that is was beyond beautiful.

He just shrugged and told me it's because of his inspiration.

"Are you ever going to tell me who this inspiration is?" I asked as we walked out of the baggage claim, trying to find our parents.

"Well..."

"SHELBY, HUNTER!!!" Lynette and my mom came running up to us and engulfing us in huge hugs.

"Mom!" Me and Hunter both said, laughing.

I'm not going to lie, I cried. I missed them so much. I have my family back!

"Let's get you guys home!"

We walked out to the car and hopped in. I'm just excited to see my house again and be able to lay in my bed again!

About 30 minutes later, our houses came into sight. Hunter reached over and gave my hand a squeeze. I looked at him and smiled super wide.

As soon as the car was in park, I unbuckled my seat belt, opened my door and ran inside. With Hunter attached to my arm.

"SURPRISE!!!" I was taken aback by my surroundings. All of our friends and family were here. I looked at Hunter and he was smiling ear to ear.

I ran over to my dad and Leo and gave them both a huge hug. "I missed you guys!" I told them.

They smiled at me and told me the same exact thing.

"I'm going to go talk to Lexi and Cam and Aaron and them." They nodded there heads and I ran over and tackled Lexi in a hug.

She was surprised at first, but then hugged me super tight. Once our little hugging session was done, We got up.

"I missed you guys so much! Like you have no idea."

"Yes we do! We had to go a whole summer without you and Hunter! I have got to tell you, it was hard!"

"Tell me about it..."

Cameron looked around and spotted Hunter. "So have you talked to him about it yet?" Cameron asked.

I shook my head, no. "I'm going to talk to him tonight though. I just, I need him to know and I need to let it out of my system before I burst."

"What are we talking about?" Hunter asked, walking over to where we were. Cameron smiled at him and they both wrapped their arms around eachother.

"Ya know, the tour and everything." I said.

"Oh!" Hunter said, excited.

Cameron gave me a very disapproving look.

I rolled my eyes and went back to the conversation at hand.

XXXXXX

After everybody had left and it was just me, mom, and dad, we were sitting in the living room and I was telling them about the whole list thing and everything that happened...leaving out the drunk part...

I even told them my developing feelings about Hunter.

"Are you going to tell him?"

"Tonight actually..."

"Finally!" Mom and dad said in unison.

I gave them a confused look.

"We knew this was going to happen eventually sweetie! You guys have known eachother forever! Of course you are going to develop strong feelings for eachother.

"Would it be crazy to say I think I'm far past the 'liking' him thing? Mom, dad...I think I'm in love with him."

"And that is perfectly okay. You are 18 years old! Baby, go out there and get him!"

I smiled as I ran up to my room.

As I walked in, I took in my familiar surroundings. My bed, my dresser, my mirror...everything.

I looked out my window and over to Hunter's room. He was sitting on his bed, looking into my room.

I walked over to my window and opened it, motioning for him to do the same thing.

He nodded and got up, obeying me.

"Meet me at the lake in 10!"

He chuckled but said okay anyways.

I rushed downstairs and outside to my vehicle. I hopped in and started the ignition, seeing Hunter do the exact same thing.

I pulled out of my driveway and started towards the lake, him right behind me. I started going through what I was going to say in my head.

I am so nervous you have no idea. What if he doesn't feel the same way, and things get awkward?

Whatever, if I don't do this I don't finish the bucket list...I need to do this. For my good.

I pulled into the woods and parked, Hunter doing the same thing. I waited for him to get out of his vehicle and we walked together to the edge of the water.

"I have something to tell you..." I said.

"Me too..." Hunter trailed off.

I smile. "You go first."

He nodded his head, and took my hands in his.

"Shelby. This may sound crazy, but I need you to know. You are my inspiration. You are the person who most of my songs are written about. Wanted? That one was for you. Shelby, I know that we are young and that this probably makes no sense to you...but I'm in love with you."

I was at a loss for words. Hunter feels the same was about me!! So it's not weird!!

"Oh crap...you don't feel the same way. I knew I shouldn't have told you. I don't want things to be-" I cut him off by connecting my lips with his.

"Hunter...I'm in love with you too!"