Chapter 37

-Shelby's POV-

Welp! Today is the day that I have been waiting for. Not really. But it's Saturday! Yep, that means today is Prom day! Fun....if you cant tell, that was sarcasm.

"Shelby, come on! It's time to go get your hair done!" My mom yelled up to me. I groaned then walked down stairs. "Well dont you seem happy?"

I gave my mom a look. "I just dont understand why I have to go! I mean, I have no date. Whats the point?"

"It's your senior prom! Who cares if you're not going with a date? You have your friends."

"All my friends have dates!"

"Well if you wouldn't have turned down 12 guys then you might actually have a date!" Yep. 12 guys asked me. I dont even know!

"Well, they aren't who I want to go with!" I want to go with Hunter. But he isn't here...

"Well who do you want to go with?" Mom asked. I stayed quiet. "Shelby...."

"Just forget it. Let's go." I said, actually excited to get my hair done now so that I can get out of this conversation.

XXXXXX

"Shelby, your hair looks beautiful! Oh, and your makeup! Wow! You look absolutely gorgeous!" My mom freaked.

"Thanks mom, but you can calm down." I stated, turning to look at myself in the mirror.

My long brown hair was half up half down with some big waves in it.

My makeup was way more that what I usually put on. I had a smokey eye with eye liner that winged out. The woman put a lot of foundation on (dont worry, it didnt look caked on. It was just a lot to me because I rarely wear foundation) and the perfect amount of bronzer and blush.

I must say, I look kinda hot.

"I'm sorry. You just look so grown up and beautiful! I cant believe its your senior year!" My mom said, beginning to cry.

I giggled. "Mom, it's okay. It's just a dance. I'm not getting married!" I exlaimed.

"Married!?"

"I said I'm NOT getting married now. It's just prom." I said.

Mom nodded as we got up to pay for my hair and makeup.

"Thank you!" I exlaimed to the woman before walking out the door.

Once we got home, Alexis was standing on the door frame to our house, waiting for us to get there, with a big bag in her hand.

"What are you doing here-"

I got cut off. "Oh my god!!! You look so pretty! I'm soooo jealous!" She exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes. "Have you seen yourself? You look hot Lexi!" I said.

"Why thank you!" She said, fluffing her hair, making me laugh.

"Let's go finish getting ready!" She said running into the house and up to my room.

I followed behind her and closed the door to my room. She placed the bag that was in her hands, on the bed and began to take her dress out of it. I walked over to my closet and grabbed my dress.

Once we were done putting our dresses on, we began to find the shoes we were going to wear.

I went with a pair of black shoes with diamonds all over them. Lexi went with a silver pair with diamonds on them.

We looked at eachother and smiled.

"Oh my god! We look soooo good!" Lexi screamed.

"Yea I know-"

"Shelby come here real quick! You too Alexis, your date is waiting for you." Mom said the last part to Lexi.

Lexi squealed before following me out of the room.

I got to the top of the stairs and looked down them. My mouth dropped to the floor and my heart started beating faster at what stood before me.

"Hunter?!"

Author's Note

Hey guys! So I'm sorry for such a short chapter! I just really needed this in here!

Thanks for reading!

Make sure you guys vote and comment for the next chapter! And while you are at it, go follow me!

Love you guys!