Chapter 41

-Hunter's POV-

"Either wake up, or get a room!" I jerked awake at the sound of Cameron's voice.

"Dude, shut up!" I said in a hushed tone, because Shelby was still asleep.

My back was up against the couch, and Shelby was facing me, with her head resting on my chest, my arms were around her waist.

"I'm joking, calm down. Anyways, Aaron's mom made breakfast for everyone." Cameron said before walking back over to where the dining room is.

I nodded my head as I slowly sat up, trying not to wake Shelby, but since Shelby is a very light sleeper, she woke up.

"Aaron's mom made breakfast." I told her.

"Okay." She said while yawning. She rubbed her eyes, and got off the couch, allowing me to do the same, then we walked into the dining room together.

Once we entered the room got silent.

"Way to make it obvious that you were talking about us." Shelby said.

"Sorry." They all mumbled under their breaths.

Shelby and I sat next to eachother, while everybody else sat with the people that we "set them up" with. I must say, the girls did have a pretty good plan.

I looked up, and everybody's eyes were on Shelby and I.

"Is there a problem?" I asked.

"No. I'm just picturing you and Shelby as a couple. Yawl would be cute." Said Allysa. I blushed at her words, and so did Shelby.

Shelby replaced her blush as she scowled at Allysa. I laughed, knowing I would've done the same thing if it were my friends.

"Yea, yawl were so cute cuddled up, see?" Alexis said, handing her phone to Shelby and I. It was a picture of me and Shelby asleep.

"Lexi! Delete it!" Shelby whined.

"Before you do that, send it to me!" I said, earning a glare from Shelby.

"What, you look adorable when you sleep." Did that just come out of my mouth? Crap!

Shelby's cheeks went red. "No I dont, I look like crap!" She said,

"No, you dont."

"Yes I do!"

"Shelby, you dont-"

"You guys fight like a married couple!" Aaron's mom told us, making Shelby and I laugh. She began placing pancakes, waffles, eggs, and bacon on the table. Along with syrup, salt, pepper, and ketchup.

Everybody stared at the food for a second before digging in.

After breakfast, the girls told us that they all had to get back home, so that just left all of the guys.

"Are you ever going to tell Shelby how you feel?" Cam asked me as we were sitting in the living room.

"I mean, I really want to! You know I do, but you also know that I'm shy." I said.

"Shy? Dude, you have known Shelby your whole life! There is nothing to be shy about!" Cam told me.

"There is when you dont know how she feels back. What if I told her and she didnt feel the same way, and it wrecked our friendship? I couldn't lose Shelby! She's the best thing that has ever happened to me." I told them truthfully.

"I dont think you have anything to worry about with her not liking you..." Ty says, joining the conversation.

I look over at him. "What do you mean?"

"Have you seen the way she looks at you Hunter? Or how she acts around you?"

"I dont understand what yawl are trying to say."

"Dude, how can you not tell? Once you came back home, she was so excited."

"So was everybody else." I told them.

"Ugh! You are so frustrating! Once you were gone, she got so excited when you called her. She would see your number come up on her phone and her eyes would lighten up and a smile would appear on her lips. She would be deep in conversation with someone, then you would call and she would excuse herself." Aaron told me.

My eyes widened. "She would?" I asked.

"Yea! And when you guys had to hang up, her smile would fade. You are the one that makes her smile." I stayed silent, waiting for him to continue. "Shelby told me that the second your tour bus took off, she broke down and cried right on the pavement. It killed her to see you go."

"It killed me too." I said under my breath.

"What was that?" Cameron asked.

"Nothing." I said. "Hey, I uh, I gotta go." I told them getting up and leaving the house. I had to see if this was true.

"Shelby, can we talk?" I asked her, opening her bedroom door.

She jumped before nodding her head, worriedly.

"Dont worry, it aint bad." I told her.

A smile formed on her face as she motioned for me to come sit with her. "Whats up?" She asked me.

"Is it true?" I asked.

"Is what true?"

"Did you seriously break down crying once I left for Taylor's tour?"

She looked down at her lap and nodded her head yes.

"Why didnt you tell me that you were upset?" I asked.

"Well, I sure as hell wasn't going to stop you from going to tour with Taylor Swift. I mean, sure I was sad, but this was HUGE! I didnt want to get in your way."

"If you told me that you didnt want me to go, then I wouldn't have."

"Hunt, I wanted you to go! Even if I didnt, thats not what I would've wanted you to do. You deserve it! If it means that I'm going to miss you, then so be it! I'd rather miss you, then you miss out on not going."

Without saying another word, I reached over and hugged her. This is why I cant tell her. I dont want to lose this if she doesn't feel the same way. This right here, is too good to lose. Knowing that she wants me to do what I want to do is just amazing. Knowing that she is on my side no matter what and will support me, even when she is upset, or its not what she wants.

How did I ever get so lucky to have a bestfriend as amazing as Shelby?

"I love you Shelby." I said, really truly meaning it, but of course it wasn't taken that way.

"I love you too Hunt."

We pulled out from the hug and smiled at eachother.

"And for the record, it killed me to leave you also."

She smiled at me, then blushed.

She's so cute when she blushes!

Some day, this girl right next to me, will be mine. My mind is now set on that.

I love her way too much, to not be with her.

Author's Note!!

Hey guys! Sooo what do yawl think?

Make sure you guys vote and comment! While you are at it, go follow me!:)

Thanks for reading!

Love yawl!