Chapter 48

-Shelby's POV-

This is the day. This is the day!! I cant believe that I am actually graduating today!

I look at myself in the mirror of my room, studying everything that I am wearing. Under my gown, I am wearing a white dress that stops right above my knees, and a pair of black heels. I have Hunter's necklace on-which I have worn everyday since he left-and a pair of sliver earrings. My dark brown hair is straightened, cascading down to my lower back. Now, if you know me, you know that I never get dressed up. But, my mom insisted on it since its graduation.

Sitting down on my bed, I picked up my phone to check the time. I have 30 minutes until I have to leave, so I sit back, relax, and just think.

I think about the night that Hunter left. That whole day was so fun, and amazing! The presents he gave me were heartfelt. Presents. He gave me more than one present!

I jumped out of bed, rememebering the card thathe gave me. I haven't opened it yet. I completely forgot about it after we left the airport! What did it say?!

I raced over to the jacket that I had worn to the airport that night, and stuck my hand in the left pocket, searching for the peice of paper. Once I got a hold of it, I pulled it out and stared at it.

After a few minutes of studying the envelope, I decided that it was time to open the card.

On the front of the card in big letters was printed the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" I smiled as I opened the note, another envelope falling out of it. I just held that one in my hands because I saw Hunter's handwriting scribbles across the blank page inside of the card. I began to read.

Shelby,

You have no idea how bad I feel. Leaving you on your big birthday was a cruel thing to do, and I am so mad at myself that I did it. So, as you may know I am coming back for graduation, but leaving a couple days after that to go back on tour. I will not be able to be away from you for the whole summer! Trust me, I will probably be crying in my pillow everyday, since I wont get to see your gorgeous face!!

I giggled a little at that, then began reading again.

I am not lying, and you know it! Anyways, I decided to ask you this big question. I wanted you to have time to think about it before I come back for graduation, because I know you wont wait till the last minute to read this!!

Ooops!!!

In this other envelope that I have in here is a plane ticket for you, if you want to come with me for the summer. We could be on tour together, and you being there would make it so much more fun! I asked the band if they were okay with you riding along, and they said that they are perfectly fine with that, and they love you! Buuuuut not nearly as much as me! Just make sure you think about it! I love you Shelby!

Love, Hayes.

My eyes widened as I opened the other envelope. Inside was a peice of paper, and I quickly took it out to study it.

In my hands lyed a plane ticket to any destination, meaning Hunter has no idea where he is going after graduation.

I sighed. I have so much that I want to do this summer, but now that I think about it, everything includes having Hunter there with me. I wish I didnt forget about the note so I did have more time to think about it....

"C'mon Shelby!! It's time to leave!!!" My mom's voice yelled from downstairs.

I grabbed my cap, and began walking down the stairs.

"Oh my gosh! You look fantastic!" Mom said. "We need to get going if we want to get there on time. Oh! And we will meet up with Lynette and Leo when we get there."