Chapter 47

-Shelby's POV-

I didnt cry this time. I wanted to, but I know I cant. For my sake, and for his. I dont want it to get back to him this time. I dont want him to feel like it's his fault.

Yes, I'm going to miss him, and yes, it is my birthday. But he said he will be back dor graduation, which means he will be back in about two weeks. But then again, he will be leaving for the whole summer after that.

I dont know. I mean, you have no idea how much I'm going to miss Hunter, but this is HUGE! It's his own tour! It's beyond amazing!

"Are you ready for school?" Alexis asked me, opening the door to my room.

"Yeah, just a second!" I said, grabbing my book bag and throwing it over my shoulder.

I followed Alexis out to her car, and got in. She is going to be taking me to school, since I begged Hunter over the phone yesterday to not have anyone watching over me. It took some time, but he finally agreed.

"You're handling this tour thing really well." Alexis told me starting conversation as she was driving down the road.

"Yeah, I'm really happy for Hunter, and he will be back in two weeks, so it's not for that long!" I told her.

"Yeah, but he's leaving after graduation...for the WHOLE summer."

I sent her a death glare, telling her to stop talking.

"Sorry..." She said quietly.

I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, if he doing what he loves, I want him to go!"

"You are probably the bestest best friend that he will ever have!"

I flipped my hair over my shoulder. "I know!"

She laughed, rolling her eyes.

XXXXXX

"So how was school?" Hunter asked through te reciever of the phone.

"Hunter, I'm still at school!" I told him.

"Wellllll, how's it going so far?" He asked.

I laughed. "Fantastic!"

"Really?"

"Are you kidding me? It sucks!"

"Why?" He asked.

"All the classes are cramming in for our exams and finals!" I said, making him laugh. "And the fact that you aren't here to share these horrible times!"

"Well, I am very sorry Shelbert!" He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, you better be!" I joked.

"Hey, I have to go. I have an interview in like 10 minutes! I will talk to you later! I love you!"

"Haha, okay! I love you too!" I said, then hang up.

XXXXXX

"Hey Shelby, let's go to Starbucks!" Alexis said.

"Kk." I answered, hopping into her car as we took off down the road.

A few minutes later, we pulled into the parking lot of Starbucks. We both got out of the car, and walked into the coffee shop together.

"What would you like?" The barista asked, in a not-to friendly way. She seems about my age, maybe a little younger.

"Um, may I please have a caramel frappiccino."

"What size?"

"Grande." I told them.

"Name?"

Gosh, this woman is making me mad. If you have a job enjoy it!

"Shelby."

"Wait...do you by any chance know Hunter Hayes?" The woman asked, perking up.

I laughed a little. "Yeah, he's my best friend. Why?"

"I am such a huge fan!" She exclaimed. "I got tickets to see him in concert this summer! I cannot wait! I just wish that one day I can meet him."

A thought came to my head, and I jumped on it. "I may not be able to get you to meet him, but I can still do something close to that!" I said.

"OMG!! What do you mean?!" She freaked.

I laughed, "Hold on a sec."

I quickly whipped out my phone and began to dial Hunter's number.

"Shelby!" He answered into the phone.

I laughed. "Hey! Well, I just stopped down at Starbucks with Alexis, and the Barista here noticed my name and asked if I knew you. I told her how you're my best friend and everything. She told me she is a HUGE fan, mind talking to her on the phone?" I asked.

The girls face lit up.

"Sure!" He said.

"Um, hello?" The girl said shakily into the phone. "Oh my God! It's Hunter Hayes.....Yea, I get to see you in concert in July.....I cant believe I'm actually talking to you....I'm such a huge fan.....thank you soooo much....heres Shelby." She said, handing the phone back to me, beaming.

"Thanks Hayes!" I told him.

"You are very welcome!" He said.

"Haha, well I'm going to go drink my coffee. Love ya!"

"Love ya too, bye!"

I hung up the phone and looked back at the girl. "Thank you so much!" She told me.

"It's not a big deal." I told her.

"It's a huge deal! I just met my idol!"

"Anything for his fans!" I said, winked, then walked off to where Alexis was sitting.

"Soooo, can we talk?" Alexis asked.

"Sure!" I answered.

"I want to talk about you and Hunter..."

I frowned. "What now?"

"It's just...I want you guys to be together. I want you to know how he feels and I want him to know how you feel! I want you guys to be happy with eachother."

"How many times do I have to tell you that Hunter doesn't like me?!"

"Shelby, he will do anything for you!"

"So. That is what best friends do for eachother."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, dont believe me. I know I'm right."

I sighed, and thought about what it would be like if Hunter and I were together.

It would be the best thing ever.

Author's Note!!

Hey guys, I'm sorry with how boring this chapter is, it's more of a filler. And, I'm also sorry that I haven't posted in a while...I think. I dont really know how long it has been. Haha, ooops!

Thanks for reading!!

Make sure you vote and comment. While you're at it, go follow me!

Keep reading!

Love yawl!!