Chapter 21

-Hunter's POV-

After I dropped Shelby off I drove over to my house and parked in my driveway. Then quickly getting out and walking inside my front door, and being instantly greeted by my parents.

"HUNTER!!" My mom yelled attacking me in a hug.

"Lynette, calm down. Give the boy some space." My dad said, causing me to laugh.

"Hunter, baby, you sounded amazing on the radio this morning!" Mom told me with a huge smile on my face, causing mine to grow larger.

"Thank you!" I said.

"You're welcome. Oh, how I just loved your new song 'Wanted'!"

"I like it too." I agreed with her.

"Sooooooo, is it about anyone special?" Mom asked with a hint of hope in her eyes. I just rolled my eyes, causing her smile to turn into a serious expression. "Hunter, you can tell me. I won't tell anybody."

"Mom, you know who it's about, so why make me say it out loud?" I pleaded.

"Cause I want to know I'm right."

"You are!"

"How do you know who I'm talking about?"

"It's pretty obvious!" She nodded her head in agreement."Well, I've had a long day and I am super tierd! Night mom, night dad. Love yawl." I said beginning up the stairs towards my bedroom.

I walked over to my window about to close my blinds so that I could get dressed, but looked over to Shelby's window before I did. She was dancing around her room, listening to her radio.

I laughed to myself, at how silly she looked. God, I love her.

I opened my window to see if a I could here what she was listening to.

To my luck, her window was opened and her music was cranked up loud. He was listening to my cd. Not to mention singing along to every word.

I shook my head and laughed again, before sticking my head out and yelling over to her. "SOMEBODY KNOWS THEM SOME HUNTER HAYES!"

I saw Shelby jump, causing me to laugh even harder. She walked over to her stereo and turned the music down.

"Gosh Hayes, never do that again! Ya hear?" She yelled back.

"No promises!" I yelled back before closing my window, along with my blind. Then I quickly walked over to my dresser and got dressed for bed.

XXXXXXX

"Hunter, wake up! You overslept!" I heard my bestfriend's voice yell. I sat up quickly with my eyes wide open. Shelby was standing there fully dressed.

"I'm so sorry. I will be down in a few minutes." I said standing up off of my bed. She nodded her head and walked out of my room.

The reason I woke up so late is probably because I couldn't get to sleep last night. I kept having the same nightmare over and over everytime I tried to fall asleep.

-my dream-

I took a deep breath before walking out onto the stage before me. I let out my breath and ran onstage, my music began playing in the stadium, but I could barely hear it over the noise of the screaming fans.

I scanned the fans looking for the seat my bestfriend should be in, but I couldn't spot her. Instead, in her place was Amber she winked at me and blew me a kiss.

I didnt sing anything, instead, just ran off the stage and began to call Shelby. She wouldn't pick up and I became very worried. Why isn't she here with me?