Chapter 68

Hunter's performance tonight was beyond amazing. Even though we had those few mishaps, it all ended up okay. The guys really didn't even really care that much that we did that. After we told them it was on the bucket list they all seemed to shrug it off.

Once we got back to the bus, Hunter sat down on the couch and sighed. I walked over and sat beside him and gave him a look that said "What's wrong?" Hunter sighed again, but looked over at me.

"I just feel bad. After I heard that that guy's name is Cameron, it just reminded me of how much I miss all of them. I haven't talked to Cameron in a while..."

I grabbed a hold of Hunter's hand in a comforting manor. "I understand. I mean, I was seriously thinking the exact same thing. It made me remember how much I miss my friends and family."

"Shelby?"

"Yes?"

He looked over at me with an upset look laying across his face. "How am I going to be able to move down to Nashville after this summer? If I can't even go on tour without being homesick, how can I move away?"

I gave him a small smile. "Hunter, that's all the part of growing up. I know it's hard, trust me I think about that too all of the time! I mean, I'm going to college down in Murfreesboro. It's not that far from Nashville! I'm going to be away from family too."

"I remember when we were little kids, and we would sit down and just dream about our lives after we graduated. How we would always say little things like 'I cant wait to grow up.' Now all I can think about is how scary it is going to be. Moving away from the place that I have called home for a whole 18 years."

I sighed. "It really is."

Hunter and I sat with eachother for the rest of the night. My head was lying on his chest, and his arms were wrapped around my waist.

I just sat there and thought.

Yeah, I know that moving away from my family will be super hard, but the one thing that will make it easier is knowing Hunter and I will still be together through this.

XXXXXXX

I woke up to the sound of the television. I was lying alone on the couch, curled up in a little ball.

"Someone decided that it was time to wake up!" Hunter said from the table.

"Oh be quiet! All that pranking took a lot of work." I said, winking towards Hunter. All of the boys grunted, not including Hunter.

"Anyways!" Hunter said, getting off of that topic, "Do you remember our talk from last night?" Hunter asked me. I nodded my head.

"Oh no!" Matt started. "They are pranking again!"

I giggled. "No we are not!"

"Maybe that is part of the prank. You want us to not think that it was a prank and then prank us!"

"What? Matt, be quiet. You are making no sense what so ever!" Hunter told him. Matt just grunted and crossed his arms over his chest. "All we talked about last night is how we missed our friends and families." Hunter told them. They all 'oh'd'.

Hunter laughed. "Yes, so anyways. I was thinking that we could plan a surprise trip back to meet them. This tour is over next week, so what if after our last show we rush back home and get there early. We all know that they will probably set up a huge surprise party for us, so instead of them surprising us, we can surprise them."

"I dont know whether to think that is really sweet or just straight up cruel!" I joked around.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, I talked it over with my manager and he said that we could make that happen. We would be home the next day after the concert, which is the day before we are sopposed to go home."

"So this is a surprise?" I asked him.

"Yes, don't tell a soul!" Hunter said.

"Okay! Wait, what else do we have to do on the bucket list?" I asked, worried. What if we dont get all of this done in time! I mean, we have exactly one week to finish it.

Hunter fished around for the paper. "Uhhhh, we have sky diving, go clubbing, go air balooning, go to the top of the empire state building, learn how to surf, have a special guest at one of my shows, go go-carting, and have a concert in the rain."

"You left out 'Finish my next album'."

"Yes, I did. Because that thing is now crossed off of the list."

My eyes went wide, and my jaw dropped. "You finished the album?! Hunter!! You never told me!"

He shrugged. "It's no big deal!"

"No big deal?!" I yelled. "Are you kidding me?! Hunter, that's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" I got up out of my seat and hugged him, beyond excited for his huge accomplishment.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! So, let's talk about how we are going to do these things!" I rolled my eyes at him trying to change the subject.

"No! I want to hear the songs." I begged.

"No, you have already heard one of them...and a lot of the others since it is an encore from that album. You have to wait for it to actually come out."

I pouted my lip at him, hoping this would work. "Shelby, stop. I'm not going to, no matter how adorable you look right now!"

I sighed, but I turned my head as a light blush appeared on the apples of my cheeks. "Whatever. Sooo, you were talking about how to finish the bucket list?"

Hunter laughed. "So I was..."

"This next week is slowing down with concerts, so we have time after the concert in New York to go to the Empire State Building. And during the next week, we all need to stay ontop of finishing things."

We all nodded our heads,