Chapter 31

-Shelby's POV-

I can't sleep. Each time I close my eyes I keep think about tomorrow. It's going to SUCK.

Tomorrow is the day that Hunter will be leaving to go on tour with Taylor Swift.

Yea, yea. It's only a month without being able to see him, but it feels like it will last forever. He's my bestfriend, what can I say?!

I looked through my window and saw light peeling through. It was already morning!

I picked up my phone on the bedside table and clicked the on button to bring it to life.

It's 9:26, meaning in just two and a half hours, Hunter will be on the road, getting ready to play at Taylor Swift's shows.

I got up out of bed and ran into the bathroom to get ready.

I took a quick shower and simply blow dried my hair. Trust me, this must be a special occasion because I NEVER blow dry my hair. After I blow dried it, I straightened my hair.

When I finished applying my makeup, I walked into my bedroom to get dressed.

I picked out a pair of skinny jeans and a bright orange tank top to go along with them. Then I picked out my Roxy flip flops that matches the shirt.

I checked myself in the mirror before heading downstairs.

My family, along with Hunter's family were here. Hunter was sitting on the couch watching TV, while our parents were in the kitchen talking.

"Hey Hayes!" I said to him.

"Hey Shelbert!" He told me.

"Shelbert? That's a new one!" I exlaimed.

"Yep, I came up with that one last night."

I laughed. "So are you excited?" I asked him.

"You have no idea! I cant wait! I get to play infront of thousands of people every week! And not to mention I get to be playing MY songs! It's just unbelievable!" He said.

I'm so happy for him. He gets to live his dream! Playing infront of thousands of people, that are screaming his name. Thousands of girls that are screaming his name. I told him that it would happen someday.

"Thank you Shelby." Hunter told me.

"For what?" I asked.

"For believing in me. You knew that one day this would happen, and I couldn't see it happening, just thank you!" He said, pulling me in for a hug.

"Kids, food is on the table!" My mom yelled a while later.

Hunter and I pulled out from the hug and raced into the kitchen. I sat down at my normal seat, and Hunter sat next to me. I picked up my plate and piled it up with food.

One fried egg, 4 peices of bacon, a pancake, and a hashbrown.

By the time I finished eating, everybody had been done for around 10 minutes. They were all staring at me and waiting for me to finish.

I looked at the clock and saw that it is 11:51. 9 minutes 'til Hunter leaves.

BEEP BEEP!!

"Hunter your bus is here to pick you up!" Leo yelled.

My heart began beating faster. He's leaving.

I ran up to my room and grabbed what I needed, then ran back downstairs and outside where they all were.

Two buses were sitting outside my house and Hunter was standing there talking to a girl with blonde hair.

I walked up to them and noticed who the girl was.

"Shelby, meet Taylor Swift!" Hunter said.

I controlled my excitement, and extended my hand to shake hers. She smiled and shook my hand back.

"It's nice to finally meet you! I'm a huge fan!" I said.

"Oh! That's so awesome! It's great to meet you too!" She said excitedly. "You're really pretty!" She added.

My smile became bigger on my face.

THE Taylor Swift just called me pretty! OH MY GOD!!!!

"Wow, thank you! You are too!" I said.

"Well, I'm going to leave you two to say your goodbyes! It was nice meeting you Shelby! I just hope that one day I can really get to know you!" Taylor said.

"Sounds like a plan!" I said as Taylor began to walk away.

"So..." Hunter said.

"So...I'm really going to miss you Hayes!" I said, pulling him into a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you too Shelbs. Just remember, it's only a month." Hunter told me.

"I dont care. I'm gonna miss you like crazy!" I said.

"I'll miss you more!" Hunter said.

"That's not possible!" I said squeezing him tighter. "Can you just promise me one thing Hunt?" I asked.

"Anything." Hunter said.

"Dont forget about me."

"I couldn't if I tried." Hunter said. "I love you too much."

"I love you too."

"Hunter, we gotta go! Say bye to everyone else so we can hit the road!" Dann yelled from inside of the bus.

"Ok!" Hunter yelled back.

He pulled away, but before he left my embrace, I kissed his cheek.

Hunter smiled and went to say goodbye to the rest of us.

After he was done, he began walking to his bus. He was halfway there before I called his name. "Hunter wait!"

He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around.

I ran up to him and pulled him into me, really tight.

"I love you." I said again.

"I love you too!" He answered.

Tears welled up in my eyes as we pulled away.

My bestfriend is leaving to go on tour.

"Dont cry." Hunter said, wiping the tear that fell. "I will see you sooner than you think." He told me.

I nodded my head and pulled a peice of paper out from my pocket and placed it in Hunter's hand.

"Read it later." I said as I began to walk away, tears still in my eyes.

Hunter walked up the stairs to his bus, but before he closed the door he leaned out and put his hand in a fist and hit his chest 3 time, which means I love you.

All of us did it back and he closed the door to his bus.

The engine to the bus turned on it began to pull out onto the road.

Tears began to fall and I broke down right there.

I fell to the ground and I pulled my knees up to my chest as I watched the bus take off into the distance.

I'm going to miss you Hunter. You have no idea how much I will miss you.