Chapter 22

"Hey, uh Shelby...can I talk to you?" I asked Shelby as I sat down at the table, placing my lunch tray down.

She thought for a second before nodding. Her face was expressionless. She stood up from the table and waited for me. I walked around the table and began to walk out of the cafeteria doors.

We walked towards the end of a deserted hallway and sat down against the lockers.

We didnt talk for a little. I could instantly tell that Shelby was upset, just by seeing her in lunch.

I decided to break the uncomfortable silence. "Shelby..." She looked up at me with pain in her eyes. I cant loose her again.

"Hunter...I saw what happened in the classroom. Dont pretend it didnt happen." She cut me off.

What?! She saw me? Cameron never told me that!

"I know.." I started. "Can I explain?" She nodded. "Ok. Well, when she pulled me into the dark classroom she started to get closer to me, making sure her body was against me, and wrapping her arms around me. I tried to back up but her grip was to tight. She tried to kiss me but I tilted my head back. Then she said something and I tilted my head up because I didnt understand what she said. I made a big mistake by doing that. She grabbed my face and stated to kiss me. I was trying everything I could to push her off."

Shelby didnt say anything, instead, she just sat there staring at the set of lockers infront of us.

"How do I know your not lying to me Hunter? You've dated her before! Why not again? Huh?" She asked, looking up at me. A tear slid down her face.

"I would never let the happen again baby." I told her, wrapping her in a hug.

I felt her shoulders shake, meaning she was crying, so I put my lips close to her ear and began singing quietly.

"When you try not to look at me

No

Scared that I'll see you hurting

Your not hiding anything

And frankly its got me worried

Nobody knows you better than I do

I keep my promises I'm fighting for you

You're not alone I'll listen till your tears give out

You're safe and sound I swear that I wont let you down

Whats hurting you

I, I feel it too

I mean it when I say

When you cry I cry with you.

I'm not going anyplace

I just hate to see you like this

No I cant make it go away

Oh but keeping it inside wont fix it

I can't give you every answer that you need

But I wanna hear everything you wanna tell me

Your not alone I'll listen till your tears give out

Your safe and sound I swear that I wont let you down.

Whats hurting you

I, I feel it too

I mean it when I say when you cry I cry with you

Yeah I cry with you

You need love tough enough to count on

So here I am.