Chapter 17

February 14th (Valentines Day)-

-Shelby's POV-

Of course, single on Valentines day! What can I say, I'm just that cool. Not. Gosh, why can't I have a boyfriend? Why cant it be Hunter? Why is it so hard to tell Hunter I like him? Why am I asking so many questions, when I should be getting ready?

My last question pulled me back to reality. I ran over to my closet and pulled out some clothes to wear and then straightened my hair, along with doing my makeup. I smiled at myself in the mirror before heading down the stairs.

"Happy Valentines day!" my mother told me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Happy Valentines day." I said in a not-so-happy voice.

"Whats your problem?"

"I'm single, AGAIN, on Valentines day."

"Shelby, you will find the right guy one day, and if you think about it. He may be closer than you think." Just as mom finished this statement, somebody knocked on the door. I walked over to the door and opened it up, expecting a person standing there. Instead, there was a box with wrapping paper and a bow tied around it, and a big bouquet of flowers.

"Mom, I think dad sent you flowers." I said walking back into the kitchen. Dad couldn't be here today because he is at work.

"Bring em in here." She said. I followed her directions and walked into the kitchen with the gifts in my hands, then slowly set them on the counter. Mom got up and walked over to them. "There's a note," she said, turning the card over and reading the name on the back. "Nope, it's for you sweetie." My mom said, handing me the presents. I raised an eyebrow as I took them.

Who would send ME flowers on Valentines day?

With that thought in my head, I walked upstairs to my bedroom and set te flowers on my desk, then picked up the note.

Shelby,

Happy Valentines day! I hope you have an amazing day, even though you have nobody to spend it with, just like me! Since we both dont have anybody, wanna come over and watch movies all day, and share our singleness. Gosh, I sound stupid. Ok, well on with the legit note. I want you to know how greatful I am to have you as my bestfriend. I ask myself everyday how I got so lucky to have a friend like you. I honestly have no idea. You are the best friend anyone could possibly ask for. I wish I was the same back. I wish that those times I blew you off for the studio never happend and that I could've told Dan that I wanted to spend time with you, because I know he would've understood. I wish I never got back together with Amber. She would've never came after you if it weren't for me. I feel so bad for that. You have no idea. I also wrote this note to thank you, for everything you have done for me, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be where I am today. My album wouldn't be coming out in 4 months if it weren't for you. Just, thank you.

Love, Hunter

P.S. Meet me at Starbucks after you read this, and make sure you open the gift before.

That had to be the sweetest note I have ever gotten from anybody. The reason why I say that is because I have tears streaming down my face right now. I smiled as I folded my note up into a small square and stuck it in a drawer in my bedside table.

Before I left my room to go meet Hunter, I walked over to my desk and grabbed the present and began to tear the wrapping paper off, leaving me with a cardboard box in my hands. I took the top off of the box and grabbed what was inside of it. My smile grew ear to ear as I pulled the stickey note off of it.

My copy of the album before it comes out. Now its your copy.

I ran down the stairs and hopped into my truck. Before I started down the road, I stuck the cd in and it began to play.