Chapter 7

"I will pick you up in about 10 minutes!" Hunter told me through the phone. We were going to our schools football game. "Ok, see you then!" I said smiling into the phone. He hung up the phone and I walked over to the mirror, making sure I look ok.

I was dressed in our teams colors (red & black) and I had my long, dark brown, hair straightened. I had applied a minimal amount of makeup on, an I threw on my black sparkly bobs. I smiled at myself in the mirror and then walked out my front door to wait on Hunter. I sat on the steps to my front porch. I heard a car pull into my driveway and looked up. Hunter was in the drivers seat smiling at my. I stood up off of the stairs and walked over to his car, then I opened the door and hopped inside. "Hey Shell." He said, calling me by one of my nicknames. "Yo Hayes!" I said. "Please stop trying to be ghetto. You know I hate it when you do that." "Which is exactly why I do it!" I said winking at him. He laughed. "I know you still love me." I laughed. "Yes I do, and you love me too." he said smirking. "Eh, well about that-" He hit my arm and I laughed. "I'm just kidding! Yes I do love ya Hayes." He laughed and I did too.

We pulled into the school parking lot and walked to the ticket booth, so we could pay for our tickets. "Hello Shelby, Hunter." "Hi Kristy!" I told the woman standing before me. She is one of my moms friends. "2 tickets please." Hunter said getting out his wallet. I rolled my eyes. He handed me my ticket and we walked into the game.

"Hunter, I brought my wallet! I couldve paid." I complained. "I dont care." He simply stated. "You know I hate it when people do that!" "Which is exactly why I did it." He said, quoting me from earlier. I bumped him with my shoulder and he began to laugh.

-

"Oh my gosh! We are doing so good tonight!" I said to Hunter as the clock buzzed, telling us that it was halftime. The score was 28 to zero. Either we were doing great, or the other team just really sucked. I think it was in between.

"Yea I know! Number 34 is doing great tonight! He has already made 3 touchdowns! Wow!" Hunter answered I smiled at him.

I felt a cold chill go down my spine and I shivered. "Shelby, are you cold?" Hunter asked me. "No, I am ok!" I lied. He didnt listen, he took his jacket of and layed it over my shoulders. "Hunter, you'll get cold." I said getting ready to take the jacket off. "I'm fine. You need it more than me. He smiled. "Thanks." I said smiling back at him. "Is that better?" he asked me. "Yea, I just feel bad for taking your jacket." "It doesn't bother me. And you didnt take it, I gave it to you!" He winked.

"Hey, I think I am going to go get something from the concession stand, do you want anything?" Hunter asked me. "Uh, can you get me some

Skittles??" I begged. "Yea, sure!" He said as he walked away. I smiled and picked my phone up off of my lap to check the time. 8:06, it read. I sat my phone back down on my lap as I listened to the conversations around me. "Yea Hunter really likes her" "Oh my gosh really?! They would be such a cute couple." "Yea, and I think she likes him too." "They really need to date! We all know that they belong together." then there was a chorus of 'yeahs'. I wonder who they are talking about. It's probably Amber. He was probably lying and telling me he doesn't have any feelings for her to make me feel better.

A tap on my shoulder pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked up and Hunter was standing there with my skittles in one hand and in the other starbursts and a hot chocolate. He handed me my skittles. "What were you thinkin bout?" Hunter asked me as he took a seat right next to me. "Oh, nothing, just zoned out." "That seems like you." He winked. I rolled my eyes as I laughed and the game started back up. "LETS GO RED!!" Hunter and I screamed in unison and we both laughed together. He took a sip of his hot chocolate and then offered some to me. I took up on that offer and took a sip. Not knowing how hot it was going to be, I burned my tongue then spit the liquid out of my mouth. Hunter laughed at me. "HOTT!!!!" I screamed. "Well, ya know, it may it may not be called HOT chocolate." He said between laughs. "Shut up!" I joked. I took another sip of his drink but this time, I was more cautious. I handed him back his drink and he took it. "Thanks." I said. "No problem" he said.