Chapter 16

I sat there for a moment. I was getting worried about telling Hunter. I dont want him to think that he shouldn't have dated her and feel bad for me.

"Well, do you remember Nick?" I asked Hunter.

"Yeah. That jerk who broke my bestfriend's heart to get somebody else." Hunter said getting a little mad. Now that I think about it, Nick and Amber are almost exactly alike. They both broke our hearts to go after someone else, yeah Nick broke up with me and Amber cheated, but the story sounds similar. Maybe Nick and Amber did belong together.

"Yeah, well, I never told you who he dumped me for..." I said trailing off. "It was Amber." His eyes grew wide and his jaw dropped a bit.

"Why didnt you tell me Shelby? I would've never dated her!"

"Well, I knew that you liked her at the time, and I didnt want to come inbetween you guys, or make myself look like a bad bestfriend."

"How would that make you look like a bad bestfriend?"

"I dont know. I wanted you to be happy." I stated looking him in the eye.

"I think I would've been happier if I would've known." Hunter joked. I laughed and looked out at the water.

"I'm sorry I didnt tell you Hunter." I apologized.

"You're perfectly fine Shelby. I just wanted to know." Hunter reached over and hugged me. I smiled and hugged him back. We ended the hug a few seconds later and layed down on the blanket looking up at the clouds, making out any shapes that we saw, just like old times.

About an hour later, I asked Hunter what time it was.

"Uh," He said pulling his phone out of his pocket. "It's 6:03."

My eyes widened. "Hunter, Alexis is sopposed to pick me up in less than 30 minutes!" I freaked out.

"It's ok, stop freaking out. I will take you home." He said calmly.

"Thanks." I said standing up from the blanket, he did the same and picked up the blanket, folded it, and began to walk to his car with it in his hands. I hopped in the car and buckled up as he did the same.

We sped down the road listening to some country music and singing along.

I hopped out of the car and ran inside once he dropped me off at the house. Before I closed the door behind my I stuck my head out. "Thanks Hunt, for everything! Bye!!"

"Bye!" He said back as I shut the door. I ran up to my room and got dressed for practice.

"Shelby, I'm here!" I heard Alexis's voice yell from down stairs. I quickly threw on my sweatpants and ran downstairs.

"Sorry, I was rushing." I told her as we walked out of the door.

"It's ok, Hunter told me yawl hung out and time got away from you guys."

"Yea."

"What did yawl do?" She asked me.

"Um, we went to the park and then we went to the lake." I stated.

"Oh, sounds fun."

"Yep it was."

XXXXXX

"Hey guy's, I'm home!" I yelled into my house. It's 10:00 at night and I am tierd.

"We are in the living room!" My mom yelled to me. I nodded my head, even though she couldn't see me, and walked into the living room.

"Oh, Hi Lynette, Leo, Hunter." I said.

"Hi sweetie." Lynette said.

"Well, I dont mean to be rude, but I really need to take a shower, I had a hard practice. I will be back down in about 10 minutes." I said beginning to walk out of the room.

"It's ok, we will be here for a while, no need to rush." Leo said. I nodded my head and then proceeded my walk out of the living room and up to the bathroom.

I stripped my clothes of and got into the shower. Quickly washing my hair and body before I shaved. I hopped out of the shower when I was done and walked into my room to get clothes to put on.

I found a pair of sweat pants and a Rascal Flats concert tshirt to go along with it. Then I threw my hair up in a bun ontop of my head and ran down the stairs.

"I'm back!" I said walking into the family room.

"Hi Shelby! Come sit down!" Hunter told me, patting the spot on the smallest couch next to him. I walked over and sat down.

"How was practice?" My mother asked me.

"It was good, but we had to condition at the end, so I got really tierd." I admitted.

"Oh, well I'm sorry."

"I'm good now though!" I said with a smile, then turned my head to watch the television, along with everybody else.

Lynette's POV-

I couldn't help but stare at Shelby and Hunter as they sat there with eachother. They would be perfect for eachother, and Shelby is the only girl that I trust with Hunter. I know that she wouldn't break his heart. Why cant they just tell that they are meant to be with eachother? I can see the way Hunter looks at her, it's the same way Leo would look at me when we were teenagers. And the admiration in Shelby's eyes when he talks to her.

The fact that Shelby got Hunter a record deal for his 18th birthday is just amazing. Who would do that for someone? Not any normal bestfriend. It's just so cute, and sweet to know that Shelby would do anything for my son. He needs a girl like that. He needs someone that will treat him right, and make him smile. Not that Amber girl. What did Hunter see in her? None of us liked her, and if we would say something bad about her infront of Hunter he would get mad.

Hunter needs Shelby.

A/N

Hey guys, so I'm sorry that this chapter is really short, it was practically just a filler. Andddddd I'm really sorry, because I said that I would post another chapter and it was sopposed to be up two days ago. I felt really bad and I was like Oh No!! I had a lot of stuff that I had to do, and didnt really have the time, and when I did, it was usually late at night so I only got to write so much. Again, I'm sorry...please dont hate me:)