Chapter 5

I sat up in bed after my few attempts of trying to sleep. I just couldnt. All i could think about was what Cameron asked me. "Well, do you maybe think that you like Hunter as more than a friend?" Was all that ran through my head.

I grabbed my phone and pressed the button at the top to bring it to life. A message popped up on the screen.

Cameron- Hey thanks for trusting me today with everything. I know it was probably hard to just come right out and say it, but as your friend, I think you should tell Hunter.

I shook my head.

Me-You're welcome, and I am not going to tell Hunter. By the way, I still need to pay you back for the coffee!

Cameron- I will not allow you to pay me back!

Me- Too bad! It's going to happen.

Cameron- Whatever, well, I am just going to let you get some rest. See you tomorrow?

Me- Yes ya will:p

I turned my phone off and walked over to my window to look out. Hunter was sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. I wonder what's wrong?

-Hunter's POV-

Knock Knock Knock!

I heard at my door, hoping it was Amber. I invited her over so that I could try to break up with her again.

I have tried so many times but she is just so stubborn it doesn't work out. She is the worst! I wish me and her never got back together, I miss Shelby so much. I wish I could just walk right on over to her house and apologize but I cant! She probably hates me now, and wants nothing to do with me.

I walked over to my front door from the couch and let the person in. Yes, it was Amber, thank the lord! I need to do this now.

She leaned in to kiss me, and once our lips met, I pulled away quickly. "Are you ok baby?" She asked me. I flinched as she called me 'baby'. "Can you just come in and sit on the couch? We need to talk." I told her, she nodded and sat on the couch cautiously. "What's wrong Hunter?" "I think we need to break up. And i mean it this time." "Hunter, that's not going to happen. We are still together!" She yelled. "No, Amber. We are over." "Why are you breaking up with me" She asked as she put air quotes around 'breaking up'. "Because, you ruined my relationship with my bestfriend, and we just aren't meant to be." I told her. "Oh, so this is about Shelby?! Of course, I knew you have always liked her! Hunter I thought we had something this time!" I rolled my eyes. "This is not 'just about' Shelby. It is also about us. We dont have anything. There is no spark." "But Hunter!" "But nothing, you can leave now." "Babe!" I clenched my fists. "NOW!" I yelled letting the temper get the best of me. "Ok, but this isn't over." She said as she walked out the door. "Yes it is." I mumbled to myself.

I walked up the stairs to my bedroom and just sat there and thought. I really want to tell Shelby that we are over, but I dont know how to. It's not like I can walk up to her and be like, "Oh by the way, me and Amber broke up. Just thought you should know." I want Shelby back in my life. I picked up my phone and dialed the first number that came to mind.

"Hey man!" the voice answered. "Hey, Cameron, we need to talk." I told Cameron. "Ok, be there in 10." "ok." he said. I then hung up and sat on my bed waiting for Cameron to show up.

Soon enough, there was a knock on my front door. "Hey dude. What did you need to talk to me about?" Cameron asked me as we got upstairs to my bedroom. I shut my door and sat down on a chair next to my window and looking out at Shelby's bedroom. "I finally broke up with Amber." I said still looking over to her bedroom. She wasn't in her room. I wonder where she went. "Finally! How are you going to tell Shelby?" "I actually have no idea. I want to, but I dont know how. I need her back in my life man!" "I think you need to call her and invite her over." "I cant do that! We havnt talked in 2 months! I cant just call her up and be like 'Yo, come over we need to talk.'" "Ok, but you need to ease yourself into it. Like talk to her at school." "Ok. Thanks man!" "Anytime, just one question real quick. Do you have feelings for her?" he asked my. "Well of course I do, she is my bestfriend, or used to be that is." he shook his head. "I mean strong feelings, like do you like her as more than a friend." "Truth?" I asked. "Truth." He said. "Ok, yes, I do. I have for like ever, just been afraid to tell her." "I knew it." He said. I laughed. "How did you know?" I asked him. "Well it was pretty obvious man. You have probably liked her since middle school." I blushed a little, it's true for sure. I have liked Shelby since middle school, but I know she doesn't like me back. Why would she? Ecspecially now.