Chapter 6

-Hunter's POV-

We are friends again, correction, Bestfriend's again! Yea, yea, I wish it would be more than that, but we have to start out slow, and she probably doesn't like me that way anyways. She didnt really seem that excited when I told her that me and Amber broke up. I just dont know. All I know is that she doesn't hate me at all, and we are bestfriend's again, and I still have strong feelings for her...

Man, this is going to be hard.

I picked up my phone and decided to text Shelby.

Me- Hey Shelby, I feel so much better now that we had that talk today! A big relief was taken off of my chest! :)

Shelby- I knew you still loved me Hunter, I never suspected anything!;)

I laughed and then typed back quickly.

Me-Of course I do, never stopped;) and I know you love me too, you dont have to lie about it!:)

Shelby-I guess I dont...well yes Hunter I love you my friend:p and yea, I felt better after that convo. we had earlier. I missed not having you in my life. I felt kind of stupid sitting by myself at lunch.

Me-Haha, you have other friends!

Shelby-Not in our lunch period though! Haha, well I have to go, talk to ya later?:)

Me-Of course you will;)

I set my phone on my desk and started on my homework.

"Hunter! It's time for dinner!" My mom yelled up to me. "Ok, I will be down in a second!" I yelled back to her. I put my books down and ran down the stairs. Just as I hit the last step, the smell of spaghetti hit my nose. Yum! I stepped into the kitchen and saw Shelby and her family sitting there at the table. "What are you guys doing over here?" I asked smiling. "Oh, your mother invited us over dear." Shelby's mother said. "Oh, ok!" i said and went to sit down next to Shelby. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and texted something to Shelby.

-Shelby's POV-

"Shelby! Come on! We are going over to eat at Hunter's house!" My mom yelled up to me. "Why?" I asked her as I walked down the stairs. "Because Lynette invited us over. Dont ya want to see your bestfriend?!" My mom asked me. I nodded.

Ok, truth is, I never told my mom that Hunter and I were fighting. I know it was wrong of me to do, but I never wanted to tell her because i didnt want to explain to her. She would always tell me to go hang out with Hunter, I couldn't explain to her about us, so I just told her that I would text him and ask him to hang out, and that he said he wanted to got to the lake, or Starbucks, so I always went there.

I got over to Hunter's house and walked into their dining room, while being greeted by Lynette and Leo. "Hello! How are you guys?!" Leo asked. "Great!" We all three responded. We all sat around the table, except for Lynette. She walked over to the staircase and called for Hunter to come down. A few minutes later, he hit the bottom of the stairs and took in the scent of Spaghetti. "What are you guys doing here?" He said with a smile. "Oh, your mother invited us over dear." My mom said. "Oh, ok!" He answered all happily. He came over and sat next to me, suddenly, my phone buzzed. I checked the caller id.

Hunter:)-Did you by any chance not tell your mom about our 'fight'?

I looked over at him then quickly texted back.

Me-No...I didnt want her to question. Did you?

Hunter looked at his phone then began to type.

Hunter:)-Nope:)

"Kid's, no texting at the dinner table!" Lynette said sternly.

"Sorry." We both answered in unison.