Chapter 36

-Shelby's POV-

"Hey, uh, Shelby. Would you, uh, like to go to Prom with me?" A kid named Jerry asked me. He is probably one of the biggest nerds in school.

"Uh, I'm sorry. I think I'm just gonna go alone..." I feel bad for turning him down, but I also dont want to go with him. No offense, but, just, no.

The kid walked off sadly. Ugh!

"What number was that?" Alexis asked me.

"5." I stated.

Yep! This is the fifth kid that has asked me to prom today. And it's only 10:06.

"Wow! You are attracting guys like a freaking magnet." Alexis said.

"Yea, it's like since Hunter is gone, all the guys see you differently." Cameron said. I didnt say anything back to him. I'm still pissed at him.

Tell me I'm being over dramatic, I dont care! You dont do that to a friend.

"Hey Shelby, whats up?" Aaron asked coming up to me and putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Nothing. What about you?"

"Just walking a beautiful girl to her next class." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "You're an idiot."

"That hurts!" He said putting a hand over his heart.

"Suck it up." I told him, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Well then!" He said, turning his back to me and walking off in the other direction.

I laughed, and kept walking forward.

"Hey Shelby!" Aaron yelled. I turned around. "I need to talk to you after class!"

I gave him a thumbs up and proceeded forward.

XXXXXX

"Hey Shelbs! C'mon!" Aaron said pulling me into the middle of the hallway.

"Okay!" I laughed.

"Soooo, I was wondering if you would like to go to-"

RING RING!

Aaron got cut off by my phone ringing. I was about to ignore it, until I saw the name on my phone.

"Sorry, I have to take this." I said holding up my hand and walking away.

"Hunter!" I yelled into the phone.

"Shelby!!" He yelled back.

"So, how did this thing with you know who, go over with Dann?" I asked.

"He was surprised, but then he was okay. He was actually calming ME down."

"Well thats good to hear."

"I guess. Sooo, how are you and Cam doing?" He asked.

"I'm not on talking terms with him right now."

"What do you mean by YOU'RE not on talking terms with him?"

"He trys to talk to me, but I just ignore him. I'm sorry. It's just, he makes me so mad now."

"It's ok, I understand," He said. I could imagine him shrugging his shoulders right about now. "So I heard you went dress shopping! How much fun was that?"

I rolled my eyes. "I had a blast!" I said with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"What does your dress look like?" He asked me.

"Hmmmmm, I guess you'll never figure that out, now will ya?"

"Can you atleast just tell me the color?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"I just do! Now tell me!!!!" He yelled.

"Dont you raise your voice at me!" I said in a motherly voice.

"Pweeeeeeze?"

"Ugh! Ok! Its black."

"Black?"

"Black."

"You couldn't just tell me that it was black?" He asked.

"That wouldn't be any fun, now would it?"

"Well then! Haha, so whens prom?"

"It's on Saturday..."

"Ok! Well I hope you have fun!"

"Thanks! I'll try..."

"Oh you will have fun!"

"Haha, ok well I gotta go to next class! Bye."

"Bye Shelbert! I love you!"

"I love you too!" I responded before hanging up and heading onto my next class.

-Aaron's POV-

Seriously? She got a call right when I was just about to ask her to prom?

I began towards my next class, but stopped in my tracks when I heard the ending of her conversation.

"I love you too!" Then she hung up and walked into her next class.

The only person that she would say that to is Hunter.

Hunter.

Was I seriously just about to ask out the girl that one of my bestfriend's is in love with?

How could I?

But I cant do this to myself either. I love her too! Would it be fair to me to not ask her? Could I do that Hunter though?

I dont know. But, I do know that I need to tell Shelby how I feel, just to get it off of my chest. I dont know when, but I know it will be soon.

Author's Note

Sooooooo, we just found out who the mystery guy is... Tell me in the comments below if you guys knew that it was going to be him, or if yawl were surprised. I would LOVE to know!

Thanks for reading!

Make sure to Vote for the next chapter, comment, and while you are at it, go ahead and follow me!!

Love yawl!