Chapter 4

Cameron's car came to a stop as we came into the Starbucks parking lot. I unbuckled and hopped out of his car. He followed.

He opened the door for me, and motioned me to go in, so i did. I am not going to lie, Cameron is like a brother to me.

We walked over to the line and waited and soon enough it was our time to order. "What would you like Shelby?" He asked while taking his wallet out. "Oh it's good, I will pay." I told him. I hate it when people pay for me, call me weird but, I dont care. "Shelby, you are telling me something you havnt shared with anybody, the least I can do is buy you a coffee." "Ok whatever, but I am paying you back." I said, "But I want a Caramal Frappe with no whipped cream." "No whipped cream, thats the best part." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and he began to order.

After we got our drinks, we walked over a booth and sat down. "So Shelby, tell me what's wrong." He said. I took a sip of my coffee. "Well, I mean. I dont know. It's just, me and Hunter have been bestfriend's our whole life, and he goes off with a girl that broke his heart before, which ruined our whole relationship. I am the one at blame, I'm more mad at myself than anyone else." "Shelby, how is this your falt? You didnt do anything wrong." "Yes I did," I said dropping my head and looking at my lap, then continued, "When I figured out, I made a big deal out of it and to him that I couldn't be around a relationship that could easily break my bestfriend's heart because I care way too much about him to see him hurt." I said as a tear dropped down my cheek. "Shelby, you only did that because you care about him. What did he say after that?" "He told me that he didnt need me and that his relationship will be perfect and there is nothing to worry about and Amber will be his shoulder to cry on if anything." I said as Cameron began to crack up. I looked at him confused. "Why are you laughing?" I asked. "Hunter seriously said that?!" I nodded. "Shelby, Hunter is miserable with Amber. He HATES her!" He laughed even harder. "Then why doesn't he break up with her?" I asked over his laughter. He calmed down. "Because every time he has tried she wouldn't let him. Hell, sometimes she just randomly shows up at his house for no damn reason. He sometimes tries to kick her out but she just pushes him and starts making out with his face." I laughed a little. "Really? He doesn't like her?" "For sure! Shelby, he misses you so much." "I miss him too." "then tell him that!" "I cant." I told him. "Why not?" "Because, it's not that I just miss him." Cameron looked confused. "what do you mean?" "Well, when me and Hunter stopped talking, about 2 weeks later, i was done with not talking to him. I missed him so much. I tried but she was always with him. It gave me time to realize how much I really NEED Hunter in my life." I told him. "Shelby, I have a question." "What would that be?" "Well, do maybe think that you like Hunter as more than a friend?"