Chapter 12

-December 31 (New Years Eve)-

"Are you ready to go to the party?" Hunter asked me as he opened the door to my bedroom.

"Yeah, I will be out in just a second." I told him. He nodded and walked out of my room.

Hunter and I are going to a New Years Eve party tonight at his friend, Aaron's, house.

I looked at myself in the mirror, before taking a step out of my bedroom and heading down the stairs.

"Let's go." I told Hunter as I threw my winter jacket on and boots."Bye mom, bye dad!"

"Bye Shelby, bye Hunter. Be safe tonight. Text me when you guys get to the party, and when you are heading home." My mom told Hunter and I. We nodded our heads, and began out the door.

Hunter opened his car door for me and I got in. Then he ran around to his side and hopped in.

About 15 minutes later we arrived at Aaron's house. A lot if cars were parked outside of The house. We had to park about halfway down the street.

After we got the car parked and locked up, we began down the street towards his house. Hunter grabbed my hand and began to lead me forward.

"Whatcha doin??" I asked, gesturing towards our hands.

"Uh, sorry." He said, trying to take his hand out of mine, but I grabbed his tighter.

"No, it's ok." I said interlocking our fingers, which he quickly responded to by smiling.

"Ok," He said, still leading me toward the house.

Once we opened the door loud voices filled my ears from all around me. Girls gossiping and talking about guys. Guys talking about sports and girls. Loud music playing through speakers of the house. People dancing with eachother. People surrounding the television and watching the New Years Eve parade. People on the tv singing and riding around on floats.

Noise. Loud Noise.

"You ok Shelby?" Hunter asked me, yelling over all of the sound.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I think I'm going to go get something to drink." I loudly said back.

"Ok. I'll be somewhere over here." He laughed.

I laughed back before walking towards the kitchen.

Opening the door to the kitchen, I sighed of relief. It was so much more quiet in there. People were still in there chatting away, but not as loud, and not nearly as many people.

I walked over to the counter and grabbed two bottles of water. I began to walk to the door before someone blocked my way out.

"So Shelby..." I could recognize that voice anywhere.

"What do you want Amber?" I said trying to find my way around her.

"You know what I want. Dont pretend you dont."

"Uh. I'm not pretending. I seriously dont know."

"I want Hunter." She simply said.

My stomache turned. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because, you like him. I know you do. But think again. Hunter's mine. I'm gonna get him back!" She yelled.

I laughed. "And what makes you think that?"

"Because, I get everything I want. Theres just one thing standing in the way. You. So back off."

I'm usually able to control myself, but not anymore. I'm done with her crap!