Chapter Sixty-four

A/n: I was going to wait until it was all finished and then update everything at once but fuck it, have a chapter.

Robyn

"Think of it as a permitted period of recovery," Mr White said, the same stupid sympathetic I-understand-you're-going-through-a-really-hard-time-right-now expression on his face that I'd seen on everyone else's since the incident. It was really starting to piss me off.

"But I'm perfectly fine!" God dammit, I'd tried to keep my fucking temper but he just wasn't listening!

He sighed, greatly distressed by my continued lack of compliance, "I'm afraid I don't agree - you're failing almost every class."

"I'm fine, sir, I'll get my grades up." His expression didn't even twitch. "Please, please don't make me leave!" I begged. Things were getting desperate; I couldn't leave school! Where would I go? What would I do? How would I tell my parents!?

"This isn't optional," said Mr White firmly, hammering the last nail into my coffin.

"So that's it? You're just chucking me out!?"

The principal was taken aback, "No, we're certainly not 'chucking' you out. Your work will still be sent to you, to be completed at your own pace, and you may remain on site if you wish. Just your classes are suspended until we deem it appropriate for you to return to mainstream pupil life."

I cocked my head slightly to one sode as I asked, "And how would I be deemed appropriate?"

"That will be up to your teachers and I." Mr White gazed at me earnestly. "I assure you, we'll have you back in class as soon as possible."

"Why not now then!?" I demanded.

The principal closed his eyes and breathed in deeply, "Miss Hill, I've explained this already."

"All right, fine," I said through gritted teeth. Hot, angry fire raged in my chest, spreading through my blood as I thought more and more about this absolutely ridiculous decision. How would I fucking benefit from being locked away like a freak show!? My body began to tremble with anger and, holy fuck, I was going to snap if I didn't get out of here. "May I go?"

"Are you willing to accept the terms?"

I stood up, flinging the chair back, "As you said, sir, it isn't optional," and I left the room as quickly as my urge to smack him would allow.

Outside, I rushed to the football pitch. As you well know, I wasn't one for sport but the emptiness of this usually crowded place appealed to me. Spaces always felt warmer and more inviting without anyone in them, completely contrary to the idea of humans being pack animals.

Once there, I didn't bother to find stairs, climbing the stands instead (or was it bleachers? ... Oh, fuck, I didn't care about football anyway!). I aimed for the top, only reaching it because of the angry energy blazing inside me. The exercise worked some of that off so that when I collapsed down, panting, my mind was somewhat clearer.

I took a few minutes to bask in the remains of my rage because this was fucking stupid. Keeping me out of school life would only exacerbate my bad feelings or the student's reactions to me or whatever it was Mr White and his colleagues wanted to prevent. I let the anger twist inside me like an adder ready to strike.