Chapter Fifty-five

Robyn

I shook my head, that wasn't true. There was always a choice.

"No, I won't. I'll never have to."

"Robyn, there's no point in denying it. It will happen."

"I know," I replied, knowing I was making no sense.

"Then what did you mean?"

"I won't have to. I don't unless I chose to. And that will never happen." I wiped my eyes, feeling calmer. "You'll always be here as long as I am."

"Like you can keep me alive in your heart or something?" She asked.

I nodded, "something like that, yes. I always have that."

She pulled me into a tight hug. I pressed my head into her neck, inhaling her scent. I was determined to ingrain it somewhere within me. My hands stroked her back, then trailed down lower, sliding under her body and cupping her ass.

How would I survive when I could never feel this again? When I couldn't feel her heart beat or hear her breathing. Couldn't kiss those soft lips or stare at her like a creep in the middle of the night. When I could no longer laugh with her and make love through the night.

There was a simple answer.

I couldn't.

It'd destroy me completely, break my heart into a billion pieces. I'd stop caring about everything, become cold and closed off from the world. Go into hiding and live life as a recluse.

I didn't know if I believed in God but in that moment I sent him a million prayers, all saying the same thing.

"Please don't take her from me. You'll kill me too, if you do."

"Little Robbie," Sabby's fingers stroked my cheeks, "don't cry."

I hadn't realised I'd started again and rubbed my eyes furiously.

"Hit me," I commanded.

"What?"

"Hit me."

"No. Why? No, I'll never raise a hand to you."

"It'll make the pain go away," I said. "Please."

"No."

"Please!"

"No, Robyn!" Sabastienne looked horrified and I sighed, realising she'd never comply.

"Okay, distract me then," I told her.

She frowned, "how?"

"How's your fan club?" I asked, knowing my face was twisting.

"They're fine."

"Keeping up on them, are we?"

"No, why would I?"

"Whatever," I pulled away from her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me," she said, her tone stern.

"You're mine."

"What does that have to do with this?"

"They shouldn't be starting a fan club over you," I glared, exceptionally pissed now. "Bunch of creepy whores."

"That was rude. But oddly hot too."

"I don't give a shit and it's not hot!"

"It is. They don't matter, I find them slightly creepy too. You're the only one I want."