Chapter Thirty-one

Robyn

"You could've told us!" Zoey hit my arm, "I was worried about you!"

"I wasn't," Charlotte smirked, and I glared at her.

"Whatever, I think I've got homework or something to do." I wanted out of this awkward conversation, and Charlotte's arm around Sabastienne was making me mad.

"Awww come on!" Jonas whined, "you said you'd go to the game with me!"

"Shit," I'd completely forgotten about that, "when does it start?"

"Two hours, thirteen minutes and forty-seven seconds," he said, checking his phone.

"You're so sad!" Zoey laughed at him.

"I like football," he pouted and she ruffled his hair.

"I know you do little baby." He pouted even more and widened his eyes at her.

"You're adorable," Zoey murmured causing me to raise my eyebrows at Charlotte. We'd been waiting for them to admit they liked each other for months, and now it looked like they finally had.

Zoey's head tilted slightly to the side, and Jonas's hand touched her arm. He moved towards her, as did she, until they were almost pressed against each other.

"So are you guys together now or something?" Sabby asked deadpanned, ruining the moment and causing both to jump.

"What!? No!" Jonas yelled, moving away from Zoey as though she was on fire.

"I wouldn't go out with someone so childish," Zoey said, and I spotted hurt flash in Jonas's eyes.

"I'm too awesome for you to handle," he replied cockily, easily hiding what I'd seen.

"Totally," Zoey rolled her eyes.

"I am!!" He glanced at his phone then jumped towards me and grabbed my hand. "No time to argue, we need to go now or we'll not get any good seats."

"I'm coming too," Zoey announced, quickly followed by Charlotte and Sabastienne.

"What? No you can't!" Jonas protested.

"Yeah they can," I contradicted him, knowing I would need people who didn't like sport to talk to.

"There's not enough room," he argued.

"I can take someone on my bike," Sabastienne offered, and Jonas groaned.

"Fine!"

"Who wants to go with Baste?" Charlotte asked and I jumped towards her.

"Me! Me!!" I shouted and everyone laughed. "I meant I'll suffer it," I blushed deeply.

"Maybe you shouldn't," Charlotte smirked at me, "we wouldn't want you to suffer."

I glared at her and she winked at me teasingly.

"We have to go!" Jonas shrieked, and Zoey and Charlotte followed him to his car.

I went with Sabby to her bike. She smirked at me the whole way.

"What?" I finally asked, getting a bit irritated.

"You really want to ride with me," she grinned.

"It's not because of you," I lied.

"Then what?"

"I... really like your bike."

"Oh sure," she laughed, "that's it."

"It is," I insisted, but it didn't sound at all believable.

"Okay Robyn, I believe you."

"Really?" I asked excitedly.

"Nope," she said and laughed again.

"Whatever," I sulked, "let's go before Jonas has a heart attack."

I pulled a helmet over my head, then climbed on behind her. I wrapped my arms around her and pressed my body tightly against her back, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Drive," I instructed after we'd say there for a minute or two.

"I can't with your head there, I'll end up hurting you."

"Okay," I pulled said body part away and placed it in the back of her neck instead.

"Better?"

"N-Not really," she stuttered.

"What's wrong?" I asked, kissing the skin which my lips brushed against.

"You're distracting," Sabastienne said, and I grinned, then moved away, deciding I didn't want to risk crashing, or Jonas's fury.

She drove for nearly an hour, following the blue car Jonas owned.

I was partially relieved when we got there because I was getting uncomfortably stiff, but most of me was disappointed because it meant I would no longer be alone with Sabby, and with my arms around her.

I reluctantly got off Sabby's motorbike and we walked over to Zoey, Charlotte and Jonas.

"Everyone good?" Jonas asked, then, without waiting for a reply said, "okay, follow me."

We did dutifully, with much rolling of eyes, and loud sighs of annoyance from Zoey.

There wasn't much of a wait at the doors, as we were here almost a full hour early.

He led us to the seats which he said offered the best view, then we sat. For ages. And when you're sat doing nothing (in the freezing cold might I add) you soon run out of things to talk about.

"I'm hungry," I said the words that were practically my catchphrase. "Can we get food?" I begged Sabby, tugging on her arm.

"Do you ever stop eating?" She asked, and I laughed and shook my head no. She grinned and took my hand, pulling me up, "we'll get you a burger or something then."

"I don't like burgers," I complained, as we made our way to the stairs.

"How is it possible to not like burgers?" Sabastienne asked, incredulously.

"Too meaty," I shuddered, "chicken burgers are good though, I like my birds." I chuckled at my own joke, but she didn't understand it. Sometimes it sucked being the only Scottish person I knew.

"Hotdog then?" She said, "and if you say you don't like them then I don't know you."

"I don't like them," I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Who are you? And why are you holding my hand?" She faked confusion, but I noticed she didn't pull her hand away, which made me inexplicably happy.

"I was joking," I grinned, "I like them. But not corn dogs, I don't want one of those."

"You're so fussy," she teased, and I smirked.

"I'm picky when it comes to girls too, so you're lucky I like you," I grinned at her.

Her expression turned strange, and my heart sank.

What had I done now?