Chapter Forty-three

Robyn

I woke in the early morning, having fallen asleep quite quickly in the warmth of Sabastienne's arms. What can you expect? She'd totally exhausted me.

It was only four am and I had nothing to do. I could've just stayed in her arms but it wasn't very exciting when she wasn't awake, especially after I'd spent many nights watching her sleep and knew exactly what she did. I considered waking her then dismissed it: that would've been mean.

I grumbled and eventually pulled myself out of the warm embrace and put a movie on. I chose a romantic comedy - I'm a sucker for those kind of movies - then snuggled up again in her arms. She shifted as I wriggled and I instantly froze, hoping I hadn't woken her. A small part of me kind of hoped I had but it was disappointed.

When the movie ended I was still awake, which I knew wouldn't bode well. My head had the beginnings of the ache I got when I hadn't slept enough, although that could've been from watching the movie too. I didn't care much, so put on another film. This time when I carefully placed myself back into Sabby's warm embrace she stirred. I turned my head to glance at her and her still sleep filled eyes met mine. I couldn't hold back a huge smile, which I'm sure made me look like a complete idiot.

"Morning beautiful," I whispered.

"Good morning," she rubbed her eyes, "how did you sleep?"

I shrugged, "I slept well, until I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. But it was nice lying here and feeling you breathing behind me. How did you sleep?"

"Well," Sabastienne looked past me at the TV, "what are you watching?"

"The Proposal," I grinned, "the most awesome movie ever."

"Star Wars is the most awesome movie ever," she countered, "actually movies."

I rolled my eyes and kissed her forehead, "when's your first class?"

"Eight."

"Good, then we can watch this and still have time to shower before it."

"Will we be showering together?" She asked teasingly, then smirked when I blushed.

"If we have enough time," I whispered.

"What do you mean by that? Surely it will be quicker if we go in together."

I shook my head no. I knew she knew what I meant and was just doing this to make me blush but I couldn't stop it. My face was like a bloody traffic light, illuminating every few minutes. Only around her though: she was my power cable. I laughed to myself at that idea.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It won't be quicker if we shower together because you know what will happen and I think I recall you telling me once that you don't do quickies."

"I don't remember telling you that."

"It must have been the other hot Russian chick I'm sleeping with then," I stuck my tongue out at her.

"She's not as hot as me."

I laughed, "of course not baby, I'm sure there's no one hotter than you. Other than myself obviously." I smirked at her, and flicked my hair like people who are full of themselves do in movies. Of course I hit her in the face with it because I haven't yet mastered the art of grace. I'm working on it.

"I can't argue with that," Sabby agreed, flicking my hair back into my face.

"Don't feed my cockiness, it's not an attractive trait."

"It's a cute one."

I sighed, "you make me sound like a little baby. I'm always cute. Why can't I be the hot one?" I fake wailed. "I don't want to be a little kid anymore!"