Chapter Thirty-eight

Sabastienne

She buried her head in the pillow mumbling, "I'm sorry."

I don't know what to think. One minute we were having fun, I mean the girl I didn't realize I was crushing on likes me back and now I got my first girlfriend. I'm happy, but she wasn't.

Does she regret me all ready? We've only been together less than six hours, did I do something to make her not want this?

I know I can be an asshole, but hell this has to be some sort of record for me.

"Robyn look at me." I whispered.

She slowly lifted her head. Her eyes red and swollen, tears were streaming down her face. If there is one thing that terrifies me it's when someone cries. I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Fuck! Am I this fucked up that I broke this beautiful creature in front of me that actually wanted me, scars and all. She wanted me, not the image I show to everyone but instead the slightly fucked in the head, emotionally dead, narcissistic asshole.

"Robyn, tell me why you like me." I said hoarsely.

She frowned through her tears. "When we first met, you were so cocky, like the entire world belonged to you. I hated it, but deep down I loved it, I still do. How you could be such a nerd and so dorky but still mange to be so smooth and cool." She touched my lips. "How you always had that grin on your face and can be so pervy where it's sexy and not creepy. How you make me laugh by doing the dumbest things, or turn me on with that 'I own you' smirk."

My lips tugged up slightly. "I was? And here I was thinking that I was awkward around you."

Her eyes widen as she stared at me. "You were awkward around me?"

"Yes. Didn't you notice?"

"No, I never got that from you. Why were you?"

"Because I wasn't aware I liked you, but I knew you were important to me and I wanted you to like me. Plus you made me nervous, well make. You have that effect on me."

She smiled a little. "Why do you like me?"

I played on my back, staring up at the ceiling, running my hands through my hair. "When I first met you, I thought you were the most adorable little thing. I could see how shy you were, how you fidgeted whenever I stared at you. Then I made you smile and I felt like I had been sucker punched in the stomach. You were, are, so beautiful with that goofy little grin and I thought to myself, I caused that smile. Me. You borrowed your way through my defenses and under my skin. It was supposed to be a meaningless experiment, but you stole something from me."

She frowned. "What?"

My heart.

"I'll tell you some other time." She didn't press so I continued. "You see, before you came barreling into my life, I had only this meaningless existence, now I feel like I'm truly living." I turned to her. "You're perfect."

Her eyes instantly became saddened and she mumbled. "I'm not perfect."

I pulled her to me. "Yes you are. I know you have flaws and insecurities like everyone else and I don't put you on a pedestal, claiming you can do no wrong. I know you'll mess up. But every little quirk, every little thing about you that's weird, crazy or flawed." I stared into her eyes. "I find them all utterly and completely," I whispered against her lips, "perfect."

Tears streamed down her face.

Did I do something wrong again? Should I not have done that?

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

She smiled though her tears. "Why are you sorry?"

"Because the only thing I can seem to accomplish, is making tears run from those beautiful eyes."

I frowned as she giggled a little, throwing herself completely in my arms and kissing me like I was the love of her life.

Her lips moved against mine in sync. It wasn't fast or heated, but instead it was slow and beautiful. He tongue lightly trailed across my lips asking for entrance. I opened my mouth slightly and our tongues moved against each other, in the slow dance of new discovery.

I pulled back a little, sucking her tongue from her mouth completely. Then sucked on it like a lollipop, swirling my tongue around it. She stared at me wide eyed then moaned before moving closer and pressing her lips to mine.

With one last peck she rest her forehead on mine. "My only exception." I whispered to her.

"What do you mean?"

"The only girl I'll ever be with. My first and only crush. The only person who I can see forever with. My first lo..." I stopped myself before I said anything.

She didn't realize or at least if she did she ignored it. "I am all those things?"

"Yes you are my beautiful girl." I trailed my fingers under her eyes. "Tell me what made you cry and I'll go beat it up for you." I gave her my most fearsome look.

She burst into laughter causing me to laugh and she playfully shoved me.

"I'll tell you some other time okay."

"Okay." I smiled up at her.

"I like this."

"What?"

"How we can move from sad, depressed or angry, you know being serious, to happy and goofy like that." She snapped her fingers.

"Oh. We're just awesome like that." I grinned. "Well I am, I don't know about you." I teased.

She mocked outrage. "I am awesome!! Bow to my awesomeness now!!"

I snorted. "The only awesome you have is what rubbed off from me."

She pouted and looked at me with her big glassy eyes.

"Okay you're awesome."

She smiled.

Don't judge me, her eyes make me weak, hell! She in general makes me weak.

"Damn you and your superpower." I growled.

She laughed. "What superpower?"

"The power to make me weak."

She looked smug. "Do I?"

"Yes, now use it for good not evil. With great power comes great responsibility."

She smirked. "Who knows."

I rolled my eyes and spoke like a TV show commentator. "Captain Sexy Pants!! Coming to your screen on Noday at 0' o'clock!!"

She whacked me in the forehead and I laughed.

She tried to look serious but a yawn escaped. I swear she was the cutest little thing ever.

"Come on baby girl, let's go to bed."

"But I don't wanna!" She whined.

"Robyn Maria Hill, do as I say. Now come."

She relented after much protest and snuggled up to me.

"Goodnight my beautiful girl." I kissed her lips then her forehead lightly. "Dream of me tonight."

She mumbled and within seconds she was out. I looked down at her just to make sure she was sleeping.

"Robyn?" I called but received no response or sign that she heard. I smiled and trailed my finger tips gently across her lips.

"I think I'm falling in love you with you."

To my beautiful Angel.

- ¢m