Chapter Twenty-two

Sabastienne

I made my way down the corridors, I know I should be rushing but I couldn't be bothered. Robyn had woken up before me saying she had an early class. I thought back on how adorable she looked all tossled and messy this morning.

~~~~~~

I felt a stirring beside me and woke up to find Robyn jumping out of bed and running across the room. Rubbing my eyes and running my hands through my hair, I mumbled almost incoherently, "What are you doing?" Looking over at the clock I was shocked at the time. "Robbie it's 6:30, come back to bed."

"I can't, I have a 7:00 class this morning and I haven't even showered yet." She grabbed some clothes from her closet.

Sighing I got up. "Do you want me to take that shower with you?" She blushed and I stared at her in shock. "How is it possible that you can still blush after last night?"

"I know I hate it, it just happens." She held down her head. "You seem to be always making me do it." She said barely above a whisper her face still a deep red.

I walked over to her, lifting her head and gently brushing the hair from her face. "I like it." I smiled and tugged her hair, "I hope you'll still do it for me when we're both old and gray." I teased, her eyes shot to me and I realized what I said.

Shit! Why would I say something so stupid, we aren't together or anything. I cleared my throat and stepped back. "You should go have that shower before it gets even later."

Without a word she left.

For what seemed like hours, which was in fact turned out to be minutes I berated myself for being an idiot. I couldn't believe I did that.

Not long after she walked in, fully dressed and her hair still a little damp. "You're going to catch a cold." It was the only thing my empty brain could muster, as all thoughts left me.

She shrugged and smiled at little. "It's okay, no need to worry."

"I'm not."

She looked away. "Oh, okay, I'm just going to go. I'll see you later." She turned to leave.

"Wait!" I don't know what came over me but before her fingers could touch the door I was standing next to her. "I'm sorry I was a dick just now." I remembered something Jonas always did to get his way, so I looked at her wide eyed and pouted a little. I believe he called it a puppy something look. "Am I forgiven?"

She stared at me, it was evident that she was trying to fight a smile, so I added "pwease?" For extra effect. Her smile broke free and spread across her face. She was so beautiful and so innocent, and before I knew it my lips were on hers. I brought her closer to me, our lips moving in perfect sync. I pressed her on the wall and moved down to her neck when I felt her painfully yank my hair.

I yelped and jumped back rubbing my head. "What was that for?"

"For trying to make me late for class." She quickly pecked my lips before running out the door shouting, "later!"

~~~~~~~

I walked into the classroom.

"Miss. Sloan, you are late."

I stared at Mr. Anderson, the AP Literatures in English teacher. He fidgeted with the button on his shirt then glanced away. "Just please find a seat."

I know I can be intimidating so I just shrugged and made my way to the back of the classroom, taking a window seat. My mind wondered to different thoughts, like will I be ready to take over the company? Well I know I am, come on I'm Sabastienne freaking Sloan. I'm just a little stressed I guess.