Chapter One

Robyn

"Be good, Robyn," my father instructed, dumping the bag I'd made him carry onto my new bedroom floor, "and we'll see you at the end of semester."

"I will Dad," I said, hugging him tightly, "and it's term."

"We're Americans now, we will speak as they do," he said.

My mother rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around me.

"Write and call often, and don't forget that we put extra money on your card in case of emergency, so don't spend it."

"I know mum," I let her go, ignoring my fathers muttered 'mom' and shooing them out the door. "I'll see you in a few months."

"We love you," were their parting words, and I responded similarly.

Once they'd disappeared from sight I left the room, not able to face the monotonous task of unpacking.

I followed the crowd of loud, and talkative Americans, towards wherever they were all gathering.

Normally I wouldn't be confident in any sort of social environment but if there was anything I'd learned over the past couple of weeks it was that Americans loved Scottish accents. Everyone I'd met had cooed over me so I wasn't too worried about being ignored, or not making any friends.

And any worries I may have had disappeared the second a petite, red headed girl ran straight into me, sending us both to the ground.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" She gasped, scrambling to help me up. Her dark haired friend, who had been chasing her, ran over to us and grabbed my other arm. Together they pulling me up and set me on my feet.

"Are you okay?" The friend asked, eyeing me with concern.

I blushed at her stare and looked down at my feet. Then I remember this wasn't Scotland, and that these people were Americans.

"I'm fine," I said with a grin, "nothing to worry about."

The red heads eyes widened, "you're English?"

"Scottish," I corrected automatically and the small girl jumped up and down with excitement.

"Sweet!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me after her. "You have to meet Jonas, he'll love you! Plus," she added in a whisper, "he's a complete hottie."

"That's not really my thing," I said, mumbling slightly, not sure if I wanted them to hear.

"What do you mean 'not your thing'?"

I blushed and glanced over at the dark haired girl, then away quickly, feeling my face flame up completely.

"Oooh," the red haired girl said with a smirk, "well I'm sure Charlotte likes them too."

The dark haired beauty smiled at me and nodded her head in my direction. I was completely confused until she came up behind me and whispered, "she means that I'm gay."

I eyed her carefully, not even trying to hide that I was checking her out and she laughed and hit the back of my head lightly.

"Sorry chicky, this sexy beast is taken."

I sighed dramatically and she laughed again.

"Come on," she grabbed my hand and we followed the red head to wherever it was she was going.

I could already tell that this school was going to be fun.