Chapter Twenty-eight

Sabastienne

I pulled Robyn down the street to where I I had seen a pastry shop earlier. The sign 'Cafe Blu' hung luminous over us. It was pretty late so there were only a few others inside.

"I thought you didn't know the city."

"I don't."

"Then how do you know this place."

"I saw it when we passed here earlier."

"Oh."

We made our way to the counter and scanned the menu.

"What kind of donut do you want?" She asked.

"I don't eat donuts. So I'll probably get a cupcake."

Her eyes widened in shock and her mouth hung open. "Don't eat w-what?"

I laughed at her expression. "I don't like the taste."

She shook her head and turned to the cashier. "May I have a glazed donut?"

"Got a sweet tooth there?"

"Yeah, I love sweets and sugar. Too bad it makes me super hyper." Robyn threw her hands up and the girl laughed.

"I just love your accent! Are you Scottish?"

"Yes!" Robyn exclaimed. "Most normally guess English first."

"Well I'm not most, and I have a serious thing for Scots."

"Really now." Robyn grinned.

She smiled and cashed it, her eyes roaming up Robyn's body. I quickly wrapped my arm around her waist, pressing her tightly to me and glared at the girl. Seeing this she turned to me, I read her name tag 'Terri'.

"I want a strawberry and a vanilla cupcake now." I snapped.

Robyn frowned at my behaviour, she tugged my head down so that I was looking at her. "What's wrong?"

I smiled slightly then pressed my lips to her cheek. "Nothing." I mumbled.

The girl quickly packaged our food and handed it to me.

"That'll be five dollars." she said.

Much to Robyn's protest I handed the girl a ten and she gave me back the change. "Thank you Kerri."

"It's Terri."

"Don't care."

She rolled her eyes and slipped Robyn a piece of paper. I grabbed it from her, confusion clearly written across her face.

'576-7883-8354 call me sexy.' It said.

I crushed the paper and threw it at her head, grabbed Robyn's hand and walked out the shop with our food.

"You know you were a douche in there right?"

"I don't like her."

"So you throw paper at her?!" She asked incredulously.

"It was either that or punching her in the face." I said casually.

She scrutinized me. "What was on the paper anyways?"

"Nothing of concern, let's just eat."

"I'll get you to tell me soon."

"Good luck with that." I muttered.

We walked until we were in a park. A large fountain spraying water up from the ground, flashed a beautiful mixture of lights in the midnight sky. I sat down on a bench looking around the vacant area. Pulling out her donuts out the bag I gave them to her and took out my cupcakes.