Chapter Nine

Robyn

I groaned and flopped back down on Sabastienne's bed. I tucked my hair behind my ears then lightly rubbed my head, trying to ease the headache that threatened to split my skull in two.

The rest of them were still passed out on the floor - Sabastienne in my bed.

I'd woken up cuddled into her, warm but definitely not comfortable. I'd had to slip out from between her arms with great care, doing it slowly despite the rising nausea.

I had then proceeded to empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet, trying to do so quietly - and let me tell you that's not exactly easy.

And that hadn't been the only time. I'd been up and down too many times to count. Thankfully I was careful enough and hadn't woken anyone, but I really needed some water.

There was none in the room and I sure as hell wasn't going to drink out the sink. So I had to get out the door. The only problem was Anthony was lying sprawled in front of it.

Luckily it was still early and he'd been pretty drunk last night, so I should be able to drag him out the way without waking him. This, I soon realised, was not the main problem.

This guy weighed a ton! My arms felt like they were being ripped off. I had barely any strength anyway, so pulling him out the way took a while.

Finally I could open the door enough for me to leave and head down the corridor to the water dispenser.

I filled a plastic cup and sipped it, leaning back against the wall and rubbing my head.

"Robyn?" A girls voice asked, "Robyn is that you?"

I looked up, and my eyes met Carmen's. Carmen was my (extremely attractive) partner in Calculus, and we got along quite well.

We didn't talk outside the class but her friends and mine didn't know each other so it was understandable.

"Hey Carmen," I replied, my voice tough and dry.

"Are you ill?"

"Hangover," I mumbled and her eyes widened, a smile spreading across her face.

"You have a hangover. Seriously? You?"

"Yes," I didn't even have the energy to be insulted.

"Here I think I have some Advil," a tall blonde girl rummaged through her bag and produced a medicine bottle. "Take these," she handed me the two pills and I nodded at her in appreciation, feeling too ill to smile.

I took them both quickly then groaned and clutched my head. The rushed movement had made it pound alarmingly.

"Never again," I muttered, cursing my stupidity the night before. It had been fun at the time but this was so not worth it.

"Eat," Carmen said, apparently randomly.

"What?" My brain could barely even register what she'd said, never mind work out what she meant.

"Eat while your drinking, it'll absorb the alcohol in your stomach and stop you getting sick. You'll still have a headache but if you take painkillers before you sleep it shouldn't be so bad."

I thanked them, trying to sound as genuine as I could, then made my way slowly back to my room.

*********

Sabastienne

I woke and stretched with a yawn. I raised my head and scanned the still sleeping bodies of my friends.

Robyn was asleep in my bed and I frowned.

She'd asked me to come sleep with her the night before, so why had she moved? Did she not like sharing a bed with me? Had she woken up sober and decided she didn't want to sleep with me?

I yawned again and got out of bed, deciding I needed a shower. No one wants to stink of booze.

Soon I was standing under the warm water, enjoying my shower, until someone came into the bathroom.

I, naturally, shouted at them to get out but whoever it was didn't. They muttered an apology then they were throwing up.

I tried to ignore it, that and the fact I was completely naked and this could be any pervert.

Cautiously I peeked my head around the shower curtain to make sure they were okay. My eyes widened when I recognised Robyn, standing up shakily and wiping her mouth.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Fine," she glanced at me a second then lowered her head to the sink to splash it with water.

"Haha little Robbie never been drunk before?" I teased, and she looked at me again, her face pale and without expression. She turned away again and brushed her teeth.

I rolled my eyes at her grumpiness and tried again.

"You just came in here to see me naked and wet didn't you?"

Her face twitched slightly and I thought she was holding back a smile.

"I didn't," she said quietly, and left the room.

I went back under the spray of water and wondered if I'd offended her. The idea that I had made her annoyed made me feel oddly guilty.

But it was just because she was my friend. And I didn't like annoying friends.

That was it.

It must be.