Chapter Twelve

Sabastienne

I'm sitting on the bleachers stands, watching the football team practice on the field and all I could think to myself was what the fuck just happened? Ever since I came to this school and looked into those eyes my thoughts have been a complete mess.

I ran my hand through my hair sighing and looked up to see Tony running off the field to me. All sweaty and dirty from his practice, apparently he was what they called the quarterback. Some girls stood drooling, I probably would have been looking too if my mind wasn't so shit right now.

"Hey Baste." He climbed the steps and sat beside me. I didn't say anything, he must have realized my need for silence because he just sat there, both of staring off at nothing.

He finally spoke. "So you like chicks huh?" I look at him puzzled. "Robyn? You like her right?"

I sighed, "I guarantee you Anthony, I have no interest in females. And I don't like Robyn, not like that."

"Are you sure."

"Ye...Fuck..." I ran my hand over my face then through my hair again. "I honestly don't know what is happening to me."

"You know you can talk to me right? At first I had a crush on you, but now I know we're just friends."

I smiled at him slightly. "A crush huh? I didn't realize. How do you know you have one?"

He looked at me incredulously. "You're not serious right? You've never had one?"

"No." I frowned.

"Well it's like this warm feeling in your stomach. You're constantly nervous around them, you want to see them all the time and you hope that when you do they notice you. I don't know, something like that I guess."

I shook my head in understanding. "Do you want to know something?"

"Sure."

"This...this sometimes feel so much like a charade. Like nothing is real and I feel absolutely nothing."

Frowning he asked. "Absolutely nothing? I don't understand."

"It's the way I was born I guess. I'm fucked up in the head you see." I laughed humourlessly. "Feelings, emotions they are all as alien to me as ET." He smiled at the comparison. "I don't know what to do with them, must of them I've never even experienced before. I was born to be level headed and logical. So this is all new to me, I try to feel, that is what you see now...but sometimes I go back and I've been told I'm not a very nice person. I get cold, hard...empty."

"I don't know what to say. Just that I'm a friend and I'm always here, even when you go all ice queen crazy person." He smiled and it was so infectious that I too started smiling.

"You know something crazy, so many years I've spent with people and you who I've known for almost a week is my best friend."

He laughed and nudged me. "That's because I'm so awesome." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Grinning I pushed him off the step. "It's because some of mine rubbed off on you."

Before he could reply we were interrupted by a group of girls. "Hey Anthony." A blonde said to him. He smiled charmingly at her. "I saw you on the field today, looking hot." I rolled my eyes as the rest joined in on inflating his ego. I realized they were looking at me weirdly but I payed them no mind.

Then a red head asked while looking at me. "So who's your friend Tony?"

"Sabastienne Sloan, but call me Baste." I said before he could.

"You're the new girl." She stated so I didn't respond. "I've heard a lot about you, so will you be trying out for anything this year?"

"All good things I trust and yes."

They looked at me expectantly. "Well, what are you going to do?"

"Tennis and Polo definitely, maybe swimming, not sure about that yet though." They started grinning like idiots and blinking really fast and flipping their hair.

There must be something in their eyes or insects around.

So I asked, "Are your eyes okay? Are there insect bothering you why you're all doing that to your hair?" They.looked at me stupified. "Plus you're all blinking fast, did you get something in it?" I frowned, then I saw Tony trying his best not to laugh causing my frown to deepen.

"Um...No." the blonde said blushing.

"Oh, okay then, I'm leaving." I got up and jumped down the steps.

I could hear the words sexy, mysterious and hot being whispered. Must be trying to get in Tony' s pants again.

I turned and saw Tony beside me laughing. I looked at him puzzled. "What?"

"You're so dense!" He wheezed out. "They were flirting with you idiot. They even forgot about me, calling you hot, sexy and mysterious."

"What!? No they weren't."

He stopped and looked at me. "You really are dense to feelings aren't you?"

I shrugged and continued walking.

"I'm heading back to the room and your coach is calling you." I said when I saw the man waving frantically in the distance, trying to get his attention.

"Oh cool, I'll stop by later okay?" When I agreed he ran off while shouting. "See yah later!"

*********

I was tired and exhausted and my mind still hadn't settled so I decided I'd turn it off. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as the familiar feeling of nothingness washed over me. It was a skill I've always seemed to have had. I made my way to the room, ignoring everyone who called to me. I don't care if feelings were hurt.

I opened the door and stepped inside.

I thought I was alone so I threw my things on the bed, deciding I was going to take a nap when I heard a sniffle. I looked over and saw the small lump under the sheets on Robyn's bed. I walked over and gently drew the covers down a little, what I saw broke my heart. Wait, what?! I shouldn't be feeling anything, I should be nonchalant now, I turned it off.

Somehow this little thing bore through my defenses, if I were smart I would have gotten up and left but I didn't. I sat down and stroke her tear stained cheek until her eyes opened. She flinched and I tried to quell the pain that caused me. "You're crying. Why?" I whispered.

She stared at me, more like stared through me. "Nothing." Her voice broke and my heart with it.

"Don't cry little Robbie, tears should never fall from such beautiful eyes."

She turned her head from me, I could see the internal battle she was fighting, I knew she wanted to say something. I didn't want her to tell me we couldn't be friends anymore, somehow that thought shattered me.

So I did something that was stupid and amazing at the same time. I turned her head and gently pressed my lips to hers. The second I did I moaned in sheer ecstasy, I trailed my tongue over her lower lip, tasting it.

Fuck, I wanted in but she wouldn't let me, so I nipped it, when she gasped I thrusted my tongue inside her mouth, exploring every inch of it. Our tongues battled for dominance and mine won. I sucked hers into my mouth, swirling mine around it, coaxing her to explore.

I became drunk on her taste, my mind now muddled from sheer bliss I pulled back and stared into her eyes and at that moment I knew I was fucked. I quickly whispered.

"Friends?"

Lips swollen and red having being thoroughly kissed and explored she stared up at me and whispered back.

"Friends."

As you can see we've updated frequently over this weekend. What can I say, I must be in a good mood. Anyways vote and comment!! :D

¢m...