Chapter Five

Robyn

"I said don't call me that!"

Sabastienne came up beside me, nudging me with her hip playfully and nearly sent me flying.

"Watch it," I grumbled, "I'm delicate."

She smirked, "I've no doubt you are." She lowered her voice to a whisper, " that's why you'll need someone who can treat you right."

I rolled my eyes and pulled away from her, "I've already got someone."

"What?" She asked, the playfulness suddenly gone.

"Is it that hard to believe? Thanks!" I stalked off.

"Do you really?" She shouted after me.

I didn't reply but slowed because I didn't want her to tell the principal I'd left her in the middle of a corridor.

She came up beside me but this time didn't make any move towards me, or even say anything. I realised I'd messed up but I didn't care if she was mad at me.

I glanced across at her and found her eyes on me. I blushed instantly but didn't look away, fixed by the intensity of her stare.

"Um... I, uh, where's y-you're next class?" I stuttered, then almost hit my head off the wall when I saw her smirk.

"It doesn't say, but I have AP Sociology with Mr. Shaw."

I sighed and muttered, "of course, the other side of the freaking building."

"You don't have to show me where it is if you don't want, I'm sure I can find my own way."

"It's fine, come on." I started towards her class and she followed.

***

"I'll get you after this class, wait here for me and I'll show you to the next one."

"Sure Robbie, see ya."

"Later," I turned away and made my way back to class.

As soon as I entered Jonas grinned at me and asked, "how much trouble were you in?"

I shook my head at him and sat down, glanced across at my partner to check what we're doing then began to write.

Jonas didn't give up though, and followed me out the class, looping his arm through mine so I can't get away.

"What did he want you for?"

"I have to show this new chick around," I said with a sigh, "and she's really annoying already."

"New chick? We have a new chick!" He shouted and I rolled my eyes. "Is she hot? What's she like? Why'd he want you to show her around?"

"She's from Russia so he wanted someone who could relate to her situation or something, but she won't be interested in you Jo, she's too old for you."

"How old?" He asked, sounding disappointed.

"I don't know, but older than us, and you don't want her anyway, she's irritating and I can already see that she's a conceited ass. If that isn't bad enough I have to share a room with her," I groaned and dropped my head into my hands. "Fuck me."

"Gladly," he said with a laugh and I slapped him.

"I didn't mean that you perv!" He laughed and I pushed him. "Tell everyone tonight is off, we can't do it with her there."

"Why not?" He asked, "I wanna meet her."

"It's her first night, don't be a dick."

"But-"

"No!"

"Ugh, fine!" He walked silently beside me, sulking.

"I've gotta get her take her to the next class so I'll see you later."

"Can I come?"

"No," I told him and walked away.

I arrived outside her class a few minutes later and found her chatting to some guy. She was learning on the lockers and he was laughing at something at something she said. No one is that funny I thought.

She stared a him with an intense gaze, like she was burning into his soul. It caused him to stop laughing and after a while squirm, looking down at his feet.

She smirked at this, looked him up and down then bit her lips.

"Hey," I said, without looking at the guy, "let's go."

"Sure," she grinned at the guy, "later."

He looked up at her, smiling slightly and mouthed, 'bye.'

I felt a shot of something weird, something which made me glare at the guy. But I wasn't jealous, I just... didn't want her getting messed up with some dude she barely knew.

The dude smirked at me, checking out her ass in plain sight.

I narrowed my eyes and grabbed her arm, pulling her away.

"Let's go," I snapped.

"We're going," she looked down at me with amusement.

"Whatever," I pulled her until we turned a corner and were out of sight of the guy, then let her go. "Class," I demand.

"What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing, what's your class?"

"Is little Robbie in a mood?" She grinned and I glared.

"Either give me your class or you can find your own way there."

She laughed and checked her timetable, offering me a great view of her neck.

She caught me staring and I looked away quickly.

What the hell was wrong with me?