Chapter Twenty-seven

Robyn

"And what's that?" Sabby asked, walking beside me along the street lit only by the light from the buildings which ran along it.

"Offices," I guessed, she looked at them unenthusiastically.

I thought for a while, staring intently at the ground, trying to think of somewhere interesting to go.

"You've gone very quiet," Sabastienne said, and I started, then smiled at her quickly. I'd almost forgotten she was walking beside me.

"Sorry, I'm trying to think of somewhere to take you."

"Anywhere with you will be fun," she reassured me, "and if it isn't, then we could always make it fun," she winked at me, and I couldn't stop a grin. She was so damn perverted! But I liked it.

"Let's go in here," I pulled her into a random building without knowing what we'd find inside.

The instant I saw the clothes hanging up neatly I groaned, and ran back out again, Sabby following.

"Let's not go in anymore places we don't know," I said, more so Sabastienne would remember if I forgot than anything else.

"Sure," Sabby grinned at me, and I smiled back.

Then we were walking in silence again. I tried to think of something to say, something that sounded smart, or funny at least, but I was drawing a total blank.

"So," I started, then scrambled for something to follow it, "what's your favourites colour?"

Out of everything in the world I could've asked I said something a little kid would ask.

"It's red, and I like black too, I can't decide." She didn't seem to have noticed how child-like it was, so I decided I would either. "What's yours?"

"Black." I replied immediately, then added as an afterthought, "or blood red."

Sabby grinned, "you little vampire. We have the same taste."

I shrugged, "I wouldn't mind being a goth," I smirked, "I always thought they look pretty hot."

"Oh really?" She tried to play it cool but I saw the muscles in her jaw clench. Noticing that made me smile, but I did it secretly, to myself, so she wouldn't notice.

"Yup, there's a girl in my chemistry class actually wh-"

"I don't want to know!" Sabastienne covered her ears with her hands. I continued talking for a bit, until I realised she either couldn't hear me, or wasn't paying attention.

"I was only teasing," I gripped her left hand and pulled it from the side of her head. "I promise I won't say anything else."

"You can if you want, it doesn't bother me."

My fingers wrapped through hers and I squeezed her hand in protest to that remark.

"Well then what was that?" I asked, finding her denial quite funny.

"There were bugs, I didn't want them to go in my ears," she said, lamely.

I laughed, a lot. Sabby didn't find it funny and watched me with a frown.

"What?"

"Nothing," I shook my head no in amazement.

"Why were you laughing?"

"Because you're lying so obviously it's funny."

"Am not," she denied again and I simply stared at her in disbelief.

"Okay, whatever you say," I didn't want to start a petty argument over something stupid.

"I'm always right," she smirked.

"Sure you are," I said sarcastically, but it didn't sound that way, making her smirk even more.

Not that I minded her smirk. Plus she looked adorably triumphant.

"I'm hungry," I said, to distract her, and also because I was hungry.

"So am I," she grinned.

"I want donuts," I whined, "can we get donuts?"

"I didn't mean food," Sabby smirked, and I hit her.

"Well I did!" Sabastienne laughed, and suddenly I wasn't hungry for food either. "I still want donuts," I pouted, trying to ignore her laughter.

"If we go get you donuts, can I get something too?"

"Depends what it is," I said warily.

"Don't worry," her voice was low, and sultry, "you'll enjoy it."

My body flooded with heat, but I ignored it, pretending my face wasn't flushing.

"I don't know," I played it cool, "how much?"

"So much you'll explode," she winked at me, and I bit my lip. The instant I realised what I was doing I released it. It wouldn't help my unaffected act.

"Sound kind of dangerous, might hurt."

"Isn't that how you like it?" She smirked, and there was no hiding my blush now.

"Okay," I said meekly, "I don't mind.

"Of course not," she grabbed my hand and pulled me after her, "come on, let's get you food."