Chapter Thirty-three

Robyn

The kiss burned through my body and my heart raced, as it always did when she touched me. This time it was different though. This time there was something more, something I couldn't explain even if I tried to.

My hands found her head, tightening in her hair as I kissed her more deeply. I didn't want to stop. I didn't want this intensity to end.

We finally parted, both of us panting, staring into each other's eyes. The electricity between us hadn't ended with the kiss, and I could barely breath. I felt like this was something huge in our relationship but I wasn't sure what. All I knew was that I was falling for her. Hard.

Her forehead rested on mine and I smiled at her weakly, my heart swelling painfully with all the emotion it held for her.

I didn't dare speak, or risk ruining the moment.

"Robyn," she said softly, her hand stroking my cheek.

"Sabby," I whispered back, my voice embarrassingly full of emotion. "I... I think I... Like you, Sabastienne Sloan."

"You do?"

"Of course I do," I pressed my lips to hers gently.

"Oh," was her only response.

"It's okay if you don't like me back, in that way," I blurted out, "I'll be okay with just the way we are now."

"I..." She looked like she was fighting with herself internally.

"You don't have to say anything," I kissed her nose, "it's okay."

"No, I... I do like you," she said, "I've just never experienced this before. Everything about this is completely alien to me. I don't know if I would be any good at relationships or anything."

"I don't care," I murmured.

"I do, I don't know," she seemed so confused, "I want you to be mine, fuck, you are mine, but..."

"But what?"

"But I don't know what to do, I'd be no good for you. I'd make so many mistakes."

"Learn from them." I shot back.

"I... Robyn, I..." She took a deep breath, and I could literally see her telling herself 'fuck it'. "Robyn, be mine, be my girl?"

I considered it a second, mostly just enjoying Sabastienne being nervous.

"I'll have to consider it," I teased, "I've got so many offers."

"Robyn," she said, her tone warning.

"Sorry. Yes, I will be your girl."

There was a loud cheer from the crowd and for a second I honestly thought they were cheering us. It was only that the team we were supporting had scored a try or something.

"For a second there you had be worried woman." Sabastienne kissed me quickly, then we sat there, still for a few minutes before I couldn't contain myself any longer.

"I'm so fucking happy," I grabbed her head and kissed her passionately, until I ran out of air and pulled away from her ravaged mouth.

"So I see," she played with the ends of my hair. "That was hot."

I prodded her cheek, and grinned at her, she smiled back, showing those adorable dimples of hers, and I touched one with my fingertip.

"You're cute," I said and her face screwed up.

"I'm not cute woman!"

"You both are!!" Zoey yelled as she threw herself on top of us.

"Fuck," I was nearly crushed underneath her but she fell onto the ground, annoyingly pulling me with her. I landed on top of her, knocking all the wind out of her.

"Ge' off!" She shouted, hitting me.

Sabastienne pulled me up, laughing her ass off. When I looked down at Zoey lying on the ground with her hair disheveled and panting heavily I too laughed.

"Take my hand," Jonas offered. She did and he pulled her up, setting her in her seat carefully. "Are you alright?" He questioned, sounding surprisingly genuine for him.

"I'm okay," Zoey replied sulkily.

"It's your own fault, you shouldn't have jumped on me," I said.

"I was excited," she pouted.

I rolled my eyes.

"About what?" Charlotte, or 'Cat', asked.

"Baste and Bobbin got together!!" She momentarily forgot her huff, and clapped her hands eagerly. "And they were being so adorable!"

"You guys are together now?" Charlotte asked and I nodded.

"About time!" Zoey exclaimed, jumping up from her seat and running at me again. This time I was prepared and made sure to catch her before she fell.

She hugged me tightly and giggled.

"Next it's you and Jonas's turn," I said into her ear and she immediately moves backwards, away from me.

"Never in a million years," she said solemnly, "how many times have I told you that?"

"But you guys would be perfect together!" I insisted and Charlotte chimed in.

"Exactly, everyone can see it."

"Except me. I hate him," Zoey stated firmly.

"Hate is so easy to mistake as love."

"I do not love Jonas!" She snapped, looking horrified.

"Yeah you do, don't deny it!" Jonas stuck his tongue out at her.

She flipped him off then slouched back down in her seat, in a mood for the rest of the game.

Sabastienne payed attention to what was going on after that, while I watched her watching the players run about the field. She was so into the game it made me smile constantly, even though sports bored the hell out of me.

Afterwards Jonas said we'd won, and everyone seemed very happy. I was also happy but not because of the dumb rugby-for-pussies sport. I was happy cos my roommate was now mine.

Sabby's hand held mine the whole way to her bike, and I could hardly wait to get back to out room.

I was both excited and nervous about what would happen. But mostly excited.