Introduction

Breaths inhaled and exhaled quickly out of Kanan's body, like rain drops pelting the ground. As much as he tried to deny it, the force stirred within him, awakening a part of himself that had been dead for a long time.

"Vader. He's found us." Kanan's husky voice was low, almost too low to be heard in the cavern around them.

His fiancé, a beautiful Torgruta female named Adaara Rysh, pursed her lips tightly which Kanan knew was the only way she expressed her fear.

Imperial star destroyers hovered in the atmosphere outside the cavern. Kanan knew the green skinned Rodian miners wouldn't think much of it or mind, but it caused severe problems for Jedi Knight Kanan who had hidden from the Empire for almost seven years.

Suddenly, harsh mechanical breathing sent chills licking Kanan's entire body. The force stirred, trembling as the Dark Side closed in.

Kanan shoved Adaara against the wall behind him, just as Vader entered the cavern and ignited his crimson-glowing lightsaber. "At last, I found you, Jedi scum. Prepare to meet the fate Emperor Palpatine has decided for you."

Kanan knew pleading for his life, or Adaara's would be no use and neither would fighting Vader. Even still, he grasped the two halves of his lightsaber and formed the hilt to ignite it.

Vader used the Force to shove Kanan back against the wall. He could feel his vision fading quickly; the blaster shot to his back hours ago was finally getting to him from the internal damage.

Kanan grunted, using the Force to try to press back against Vader, but it was no use. He had hidden his powers and denied the Force for too long; too long untrained and now he had lost.

Blackness overtook his vision, drawing him into a deep, dark sleep.