My Entries

So you guys know for sure that I handed in my entries in on time, here they are. Word count is with the name of each entry.

13 Citizen Male Aevo - Word count: 1, 497. 

Aevo cursed. Everything about this situation just went from bad to worse. Well, I should be used to that, he thought to himself amusingly. Once again, he tried to free himself from the straps that held him to the pilot seat inside the cockpit of a TIE fighter, but they wouldn't budge. He didn't even have anything to cut them with, and his blaster rifle was leaning against the wall behind him, just out of reach. This is just great.

Instead of wasting anymore time, which was a luxury he couldn't afford, he lifted the TIE fighter from its position atop a medium asteroid. The rocks were everywhere; up, down, left, right, completely surrounding him on all sides. As soon as the TIE fighter was in the air, he rolled down and twisted to the left to avoid a cluster of them. He assessed the navigation computer to search for life forms as well as to see how far he had to go. "Come on, Star..."

Before the timer had begun, he told Star to pound on the top of the TIE fighter once she used her leash to secure herself to it. That way, he could fly and still help her across the field all at the same time. As soon as he heard the thud from above, he grinned. "Alright. Let's see what this baby can do."

He had never flown a TIE before, but he had flown more Starfighters and Starships than he could count and he had experience in working on a Star Destroyer. Should be a piece of cake.

As if he had jinxed himself, several TIE fighters flew around him and one began firing. With a curse, he shifted to the left and fired back at one of the TIEs. Several more shots trailed along behind him, so he shifted power to his rear shields and flipped the fighter upside-down to fire at the two TIEs stalking him, one filled with a Mandaloian and another filled with some sort of cat-creature.

"Aevo?"

Aevo's forehead wrinkled as he looked at the com. "Kanan? Is that you?" He was reminded of old times as he heard his friend's voice.

"Jenaara, Kiernan and I are all going to separate a hundred feet apart. One at a time, we'll activate our devices, clearing three-hundred feet ahead of Adaara once she gets here. We'll be weak, so you and Adaara will come pick us up. Tell Adaara and make sure she's ready. She'll need your help getting through the rest of the asteroid field... She's not exactly the best pilot."

Aevo chuckled. "Got it. On my way now, Kanan." He clicked off the com and turned on his scanners, searching for Starfighters. "Where are you, Adaara?" The console beeped again and he flew straight up before whirling around to fire at the two other TIEs chasing him.

Suddenly, explosions surged in the distance one after another. "That's my cue." Turning on the com, he found the frequency used by Starfighters. "Adaara? Adaara?" When there was no response, he shifted frequencies again.

The console rapidly beeped, informing him of the two proton torpedoes heading straight for him. Cursing, he flipped the TIE on its left side, narrowly avoiding both torpedoes as they skidded by him.

"Adaara?"

"Aevo?"

"Yeah it's me," he said, flipping his TIE downward in a spiral as he fired at another fighter. "Listen..." He quickly repeated everything Kanan had said and waited for her response.

"Copy that, Aevo."

Aevo shook his head. This isn't the Clone Wars. You have to remember that. The situation is different and they don't even know who you are! Grumbling to himself, he shifted his attention to finding Kiernan, Jenaara and Kanan. He found the latter two first, on an asteroid just below Adaara. He informed her over the com and then finally found where Kiernan had ended up. Stormtroopers surrounded him, about to kill him.