Task One: Male Entries

1: Bounty Hunter Male Sha'ar Kagle:

The sound of the cheering crowd woke Sha'ar from his dreamless sleep. As he gazed around wearily, a million questions shot through his mind like blaster fire. Once his vision adjusted to the blinding sun , he shuddered as he took in his surroundings.

So this is it, Sha'ar thought.

The Shi'ido realized that he was in the arena on Geonosis or at least an arena that resembled it. The burning orange sand was an all too familiar sign for Sha'ar. The last time he was in Geonosis was during the Clone Wars on a mission against the Separatists. His eyes raked the arena and he froze as he noticed the tunnels that were like holes cut into the side of the beige walls except they had steel bars over them.

So that is where the monsters come from, Sha'ar thought in horror.

An involuntary chill ran through his body as he gazed to his left and to his right. Various different people of all races including Zabraks, a Togruta, and even a Mirialan were tied to giant pillars. The bounty hunter craned his neck upward and realized that his arms were bound as well to the top of the columns. As a result of the hot sun beating on them, the columns and the chains took in the solar energy and therefore became red-hot , burning the Shi'ido's wrists.

Kriff! They could have at least considered the climate before they put us here on the planet!

Sha'ar gritted his teeth and tried to ignore the burning sensation in his wrists until he noticed something else that made his eyes grow wide. In the middle of the circular arena was a burned-out skeleton of a Republic gunship, barely recognizable by its red and white coloring. It was what was inside it that grabbed the Shi'ido's attention.

" Blasters.." his jaw drops. He had his own confiscated upon his capture and he was sure he was never going to see it again. However, his hopes rose like TIE fighters upon seeing the blasters. Then, his jaw dropped even more as his bright blue eyes locked onto the prisoners tied to the gunship. Movement from one of the captives caught his eye and his heart nearly leapt in his mouth upon recognition of the boy.

"Keekee!" Sha'ar shouted, feeling elated yet despairing at the sight of his young auxiliary being placed in this very arena where certain death was guaranteed.

Perturbed by hearing his guardian's voice, Kaikai turned toward Sha'ar.

"Mr.Sha'ar, what is going to happen to us?" the boy asked.

"I can't say for sure, but I assure you we will make it out of here alive," the Shi'ido smiled.

"Can we get Gi dumpling soup once we get out of here?" Kaikai asked, a grin spread on his little face.

"Sure," Sha'ar smiled.

" Oh! Can we also add Kri'gee to that list?" the boy pushed on, a bigger grin now plastered on his fair face.

"Now, don't push it!" the Shi'ido rolled his eyes. "Are you forgetting you are not even eighteen years of age yet? For kriff's sake, a Kri'gee is an alcoholic drink!"

Before his adjutant could respond, a klaxon wailed. Sha'ar felt himself tense up as the bars, glinting in the sunlight, were lifted. The crowd began to cheer louder once they realized that the entertainment for the day was about to begin.

"M-Mr.Sha'ar!" a terrified Kaikai called. " What is happening?!"

As if to clarify that, loud roars mixed with inhuman shrieks and screams resounded across the arena as the monsters entered the arena through the tunnel. Sha'ar felt his body quake involuntarily as the cheering and chanting of the crowd rose up a tempo. The ground shook as a large lizard-like behemoth crawled out of its cage. The creature possessed a sky blue hide as well as a sickly yellow underbelly. It scanned the arena and its red eyes locked on Sha'ar. It shrieked and made its away over to his pillar.