Task Four: Temptation

Sidious felt the alluring tug of the Dark Side, strengthened by his own hatred and anger. Vader's pain and bitterness swirled around him, reminding Sidious of his most wonderful accomplishment. 

Vader's turn to the dark side.

Now, as he stared at the other tributes, he smiled sadistically. He was ready to lure them all in. 

***

Welcome, everyone to Task Four!

The survivors from Task Three lay on the ground, wounded and exhausted. None of them have had a break, and the past several hours had been filled with nothing but fighting. Stormtroopers and imperial guards hoist you and your companion to your shaking feet and transport you back to the Imperial Star Destroyer. The Force trembles to anyone tuned enough to feel it. They pull you and only you into a room, leaving your companion behind. You step into the main room in the hanger.

Sitting in a chair that swivels around, is Emperor Palpatine himself. Standing beside him, is Darth Vader, both of which have either haunted your nightmares or consumed you with revenge, or both.

As you are forced to your knees in front of them, they both tempt you to the Dark Side. If you aren't Force sensitive, they offer you a grand place to stay in the safety of the Empire, along with any surviving family members or close friends. They offer you your greatest wishes, everything you've ever wanted. 

You must be severely tempted. You can end it on a cliff hanger if you like. The temptation to finally have a place where you don't have to run from the Empire, to have everything you've ever wanted, must be overwhelming. If you're Force sensative, the Dark Side calls to you and you aren't sure how much longer you can resist it. 

The twist?   

In the end, you must deny them. This is emotional and focused on your character's development thus far, their emotions and thought process as they make this crucial decision. They have to be severely tempted and yet deny the temptation in a realistic, believable way. This task is heavy-handed on emotions. If I don't get feels, then you'll score low. If I'm not engaged, you'll score low. NEXT TASK IS THE SEMI-FINALS, so scoring low at this point isn't good.

This is the last task to use any of your sponsorship perks, except for the voting ones. 

Word Count:

3,000. No lower than 1,200.

Due date:

June 6th, 6pm central. That gives you guys almost two weeks. 

Deaths:

You must witness one sadistic death. It must happen at the beginning and it has to be used to throw off your emotions before Vader and Sidious tempt you. It can happen back in your cell, or it can happen when you first enter the main hanger. It has to be gorey and must be some sort of ally. 

Ballots:

You must have at least three but you may have four total. 

Awards:

Emotional Breakdown - Whoever wins this will have such deep-rooted, wild emotions that their character will have a total breakdown... Feeling as if they can no longer handle anything. 

Sanity - Whoever wins this award will be feeling such strong temptations and emotions that it will feel as if they're losing their sanity. 

True Evil - Whoever wins this award will feel or act as if they themselves are truly evil and yet they must deny Vader and Sidious. 

Twisted Reveal - Whoever wins this award will have some sort of twisted reveal either to or from your character. It can be from them to someone else, from any of the Gamemaker characters to them, or from someone else to them. Either way, it must contribute with their temptation to the Dark Side (or to accept Vader and Sidious' offer).