Jedi

ONE THING I FORGOT TO MENTION IS THAT NO MATTER WHAT PROFESSION OR RACE YOU ARE, YOU CANNOT BE A CHARACTER THAT EXISTS IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE. WHATEVER CHARACTER YOU CREATE MUST BE COMPLETELY NEW AND UNIQUELY MADE BY YOU AND YOU ALONE. 

Both of the Jedi were on the run, hiding from the Empire. You can choose how and where, but the WHY is because they're a Jedi. Naturally, the loss of the entire Jedi order would be central to your character, but it's your choice on how they dealt with it. It's unrealistic to say that they fought against the Empire, doing tons of damage, killing hundreds or thousands of people, even facing Vader himself in an epic lightsaber dual where you survived or almost killed him. Make it realistic. 

You can choose whether you're a Padawan, Knight, or Master, and if you're a Master, whether you once sat on the Council or not.

Padawans: You must talk about your Master, and your life as a Padawan, as well as your duties and may even decide to mention some of the missions you've been on with your Master. Keep in mind that all Jedi are taken to be trained as infants (with the exception of Luke and Anakin Skywalker), so you will have lived in the Temple your entire life, at least until the Empire took over and killed them all. 

Knight: You have several decisions if you choose Knight. You can be a Guardian, Consular, or Sentinel (more on those in a minute). You can mention if you have a Padawan or not, but if you do have a Padawan, there has to be a reason why they aren't with you, either they were killed or you were kidnapped without them.

Master: The rank of Jedi Master is the highest formal recognition one can achieve in the Jedi Order. They're known for their mentorship of younger Jedi, though Knights can take on Padawan learners too, (taking on a Padawan is the first step closer to becoming a Jedi Master). Masters often take one Padawan after another, selecting an apprentice immediately following the previous apprentices' passing of the Trials. They aided the needy and extended the Order's reach throughout the Republic. Their jobs did not change much from being a Knight, outside of their deep, stronger connection with the Force and abilities. 

Naturally, ALL of the Jedi are dead, except for you, possibly your companion (if you choose to make them a Jedi), and the other Jedi in the Games, along with their possible companion. 

ALL KNIGHTS OR MASTERS ARE EITHER GUARDIANS, CONSULARS OR SENTINELS.

Guardians were the first line of defense against all the enemies. They were warriors, and the ones most associated with lightsabers. They typically use blue color blades. 

Consulars were negotiators, often resolving conflicts among races and planets peacefully. They served all people of the galaxy in political dealings, using words and wits to resolve conflicts. They also researched, teached, heaedl, and saw into the future. They often used Force talents such as affect mind or telekinesis than on brandishing a lightsaber. They did keep one, however, typically a green blade, but it usually remained hooked on his or her belt. They were highly empathetic and have deep connections with the Force. 

Sentinels balance the gap between Guardians and Consulars, often doing the jobs that neither one wanted. They didn't rely too heavily on lightsaber techniques or the Force, and instead used civilian knowledge to handle situations. They were few in number even when the Jedi were alive, and often stayed in one place for years at a time. They knew a lot about computer slicing, security, and many jobs handle investigations or spying jobs as well. Though they rarely needed to use a weapon, they carry yellow lightsabers.

Remember that since the Jedi died, your job might have changed while you hid from the Empire. Or you might have tried to continue to do whatever you were trained to do, if you choose to be a Knight or Master. This is why I'm breakdown the specifics of what the Jedi used to be and do.