Professions Details

So a few of you seem confused as to the details of the professions and are even a little unhappy with the choices you made. 

Yes, if you have a character who is NOT a Jedi or Sith, you cannot be trained by a Jedi or Sith and you cannot know the Force. A new rule is your side characters can't either. If you do, you aren't staying true to your profession. I'm sorry this is a rule but here are my reasons. 

1. It would be unfair to the Jedi and Sith spots if everyone could make their character a Jedi or a Sith too.

2. In this time period, being a Jedi or a Sith is rare. This is why these four spots are unique as well as more harshly judged in the competition. The Jedi are all eradicated except for the few stragglers but even then they are in hiding. Having two Sith other than Vader and Emperor Palapatine is unheard of in Star Wars history, but if the two Sith kept themselves secret or ran, they would have been on the run from Palpatine until now of course. 

So clear up the confusion, a few people requested me to break down each profession. Naturally, I did this in the professions chapter so I encourage you to read that closely. Here the information is again, for anyone who is still confused as to the rules and why things are this way.

1. Bounty Hunter... you take bounties and travel the galaxy to find people which are your targets. Each bounty pays you when you return that target or kill them depending on the specific bounty.

2. Slaver.. you buy and sell people for a profit. The races chapter will help you figure out which races are used for what work. Unlike what I mentioned before, slavery has not been outlawed and in fact the emperor himself has just reinstated slavery. I'm sorry for the confusion about that. 

3. Slave... you are owned by a master and were either kidnapped or born into it. Being freed or being a slave to be trained and later freed or an undercover spy is not a slave and therefore not sticking to the profession you chose. Being a former slave is not the same thing as being  currently owned.

4. Trader... you travel the galaxy buying cargo from one planet to sell it to another. You're very good business and care about money and making a profit. This may mean you're a little greedy but you don't have to be overboard with it if you don't want to. 

5. Smuggler... same thing as trader except you also hide illegal cargo in your starships working for the Hutts and other crime families. If you need crime family names and information, please talk to me (or google it, haha)

6. Politician... you answer to the Emperor but you represent your planetary system based off your race.  You voice the will of the people to make laws and amendments to the constitution. this is before Emperor Palpatine dismantled the Senate.

7. Citizen... a normal person living a normal life on their home world. they were kidnapped or roped into this situation somehow

8. Primitive - My husband, JamesWhite074 , is covering both of these spots for me so I don't have to, since we had a lack of participants and no one else wanted these places.  

9. Jedi this was broken down in the Jedi chapter. If you have any questions, let me know but refer to it to help you as well. 

10. Sith.. new information has come to light. Palpatine never would have done away with the rule of two and I apologize for being wrong about that. Your character must have been hunted by Palpatine and his minions - the inquisitors - for a long time when he somehow captured you either by luring you into a trap, lying to you or sending Vader after you who beat you in a lightsaber duel. The reason he's hunting you is because he sees any Sith as a threat to his power even more so than any threat a Jedi would be. Other than that all of your information is in the Sith chapter.

Whatever you are, keep it true to your profession. These are the spots you have chosen. I'm sorry if it changes the backstories a little but I warned you to choose carefully.  Remember the races for each profession and please follow that rule as well. 

If I ask you to make changes to your character form to better fit the rules, please don't be offended. I'm posting the Gamemaker character forms (which are a little different) and even though I'm not writing in the competition anymore, I still have a character idea and I'll be writing and following the tasks along with you so I'll post my character's form as well to help you guys see how it works. I know it's a lot to remember but don't forget to make the weapons, personality and back story accurate to who your character is. 

This competition is supposed to be fun, so even if you have to make a few minor changes and adjustments, please use this to enhance your creativity in other places and areas. I hope this doesn't offend or anger anyone and I know the rules sometimes suck. 

If you need help thinking of creative ideas or have questions, please talk to me. I'm kind and I'm always willing to help or answer questions and I'm more than willing to help you guys think of ideas.