Rules

Yes, every Author's Games has rules and even you Author's Games veterans will have to read them.

1) Be respectful. Not just toward me as your host and judge but to the other writers.

2) If you're going to drop out at any point during the competition, or if you don't think you're going to be able to handle handing in on time, then please do us all a favor and DON'T AUDITION. I've had lots of trouble with tributes dropping out in the past and it hurts the competition because we can't eliminate writers like normal. I understand that stuff randomly comes up in life, so if you talk to me, I will work with you. If you're busy or something, keep in mind that everyone gets busy and I will make the deadlines long and reasonable so you'll have time. I promise.

3) Don't be late! Remember the late penalties (one point taken off your score each time you're late). If something comes up and you can't hand in by the deadline, please tell me and I'll be happy to work with you about an extension.

4) Send all your entries through email to . If you don't have an email, make one and if you aren't allowed then maybe suggest making an email for your wattpad profile (that way no information is released). I did the same, which is why I created a separate email for my Author's Games host email. I'm nice and friendly and honestly there are so many tributes I can't keep track of all the emails anyway so don't worry!

5) Mature or R-rated content is not allowed. I understand writing good fight scenes and there's nothing wrong being a little graphic, but nothing sexual or language related (unless it's a minor word and necessary to the story). I also understand that these games require slightly older characters that most author's games normally do, but just keep it as PG-13 as possible. Everyone wants to be able to read your entries, so keep it clean.

6) If you're reading these rules and paying attention, then please include your favorite Star Wars movie/tv show, as well as your favorite Star Wars character and why along with your tribute form.

7) I'm going to go ahead and say this now, and I really hope I don't offend anyone. I would appreciate it if boyxboy and girlxgirl stuff is kept to a minimum if it has to be included at all (though I'd rather it not be). Even to much boyxgirl stuff takes away from entries if it's too heavy-handed. Please show respect to everyone who is about of these Games and their beliefs, including mine. I'll do the same for you :)

8) I'm the Gamemaker and I'll also be working with my husband to score entries based off a score-system that I'll explain in a later chapter. If you get a low score, I will always tell you why. I'm an editor and I critique a lot of writer's, so I will be brutally honest with what's wrong. With that being said, I don't like to be cruel either and I'm only doing this to help writer's improve (trust me, my husband has had to brutally edit my own Valiant Series). So try not to be offended and if you're feelings are hurt or you don't understand why you scored low, then please just ask me. I'll even try to break it down for you if you really want.

9) If you don't hand in a task without talking to me, you'll be automatically eliminated. I would prefer it if no one dropped out so just talk to me and we can work something out. If it can't be avoided though, then no feelings hurt and we'll part as friends.

10) HAVE FUN. Author's Games are supposed to be fun and hey... THIS IS STAR WARS. I want everyone to have a blast. I'm even creating my own character and doing the tasks with you. My husband will score me (trust me he will judge me fairly—he's an editing Nazi, more than me and I went to college for it) just so I can see how I do. I'm too much of a Star Wars fan to miss out on a competition, but naturally since I'm the host and judge, I won't be allowed to win (only in my heart, haha). Anyway, HAVE FUN!