Sponsorship Mini-Task

Though some of you were impressive and all of you did such a fantastic job writing, many of you did not directly try to impress the Gamemakers based off what their profiles say they would sponsor.

In other words, there are several tributes I want to sponsor, but they don't fit with any specific Gamemaker. So, we're doing a mini task so that you guys can do just that.

THIS TASK IS OPTIONAL. You do not have to do it and you won't be penalized if you choose not to. This is only for anyone who wants another chance at being sponsored and especially for the tributes who are on the Sponsorship Possibility List.

Here is your mini-task:

Your character wakes up from the dream. In their minds, everything that just happened feels real. A Gamemaker is standing over you while you're strapped to a metal table. They explain the dream to you. Next to you is your side character, also strapped to a table. You can have a brief moment to speak while the Gamemaker's back is turned if you want. The Gamemaker walks around, prepping you for the arena. They'll probably taunt you in some way and how they do that is up to you. Really get across your characters emotional state at this point. After all of the dreams, it probably won't be good. 

It's really short and brief, but it's your character's chance to try to appeal to the Gamemaker in hopes they will sponsor them. You can include this in the story if you want to, but remember the story has to be realistic to Star Wars and the current situation. The goal of this is to make your characters appeal to me to the Gamemakers I have made and the guidelines they have about what type of tribute they will sponsor. 

Which Gamemaker is with you will be chosen by me. I'll assign every tribute to a particular Gamemaker (everyone will be assigned but remember this is still an optional task).

When writing this task, please, please, please carefully read through your assigned Gamemaker's profile. Focus on the kind of tributes they would sponsor. In order for them to sponsor you, your character MUST fulfill those guidelines in some way. If you don't, they can't sponsor you. For those of you who are on the Possibility List, that means that I really want to sponsor you because I was impressed with your writing. This means that you should probably try the hardest to make sure your character fits into one of the Gamemaker's categories.

If you think another Gamemaker is a better pick for your character to appeal to than the one I assigned to you, just ask me to switch you. I'm not going to be picky about this. 

If you aren't on the Possibility List, then this is your chance to really impress me and yes you still have a chance at getting sponsored.

Here's how the Possibility List works. Some of you managed to portray your characters close enough so that you fit into some of the Gamemaker's categories. Those of you who did are listed with that Gamemaker. There are other tributes on the Possibility List that didn't fit into a category. You guys are the ones who have to work extra hard to make sure you fit into one of the Gamemaker's guidelines with what kind of tribute they would sponsor.

Here are the tributes on the Possibility List without a category:

Slave Male Keirnan Caleth

Smuggler Female Sarilea Valkir

Citizen Female Jenaara Kalor

HERE ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE SO FAR FIT IN WITH A GAMEMAKER'S GUIDELINES:

AGRUSS... Slave Female Zillah

DASRAM... Sith Male Yurrei

JICELLI.... Slaver Female Suljuuk Pornh

KALADIN... Jedi Male Virith Algora

MISSU... Sith Male Yurrei

EZAYE...Bounty Hunter Female Verita, Bounty Hunter Male Sha'ar Kagle

ISH YOTH...

This does NOT mean that you will be sponsored. It just means that I'm looking at you with the possibility of sponsoring you. 

Due date:

February 24th, 6pm central

Word count:

800

Here is a list of all the tributes and who your assigned Gamemaker is and why they would be there to prep and torment your character)

1. Bounty Hunter Male – Ezaye (money, same profession)

2. Bounty Hunter Female – Ezaye (money, same profession)

3. Slaver Male – Agruss (same race, he knows him)

4. Slaver Female – Agruss (wants to own her)

5. Slave Male – Missu (Interested in him as a specimen)

6. Slave Female – Agruss (wants to own her)

7. Trader Male – Kaladin (he's doing it because he feels like being sadistic)

8. Trader Female – Ish (he sees something in her that it takes to win)

9. Smuggler Male – Jicelli (likes his sly nature)

10. Smuggler Female – Ezaye (all about money)

11. Politician Male – Missu (would love to have him as a specimen)

12. Politician Female – Jicelli (knows her)

13. Citizen Male – Dasram (knows how much he's been tortured and hasn't broke so he sees an inner strength in him)

14. Citizen Female – Dasram (for whatever reason, he sees something in her... *cough cough* NO I MUST NOT SHIP THEM )

15. Primitive Male – Ish (Surprisingly, he sees Fidget as the perfect one to win because everyone underestimates him but he's a good hunter and tiny and easily overlooked)

16. Primitive Female – Ish (impressed with how much she adapts to technology which will be useful)

17. Jedi Male – Kaladin (sees the dark side inside and wants to turn him)

18. Jedi Male (me) – Dasram (sees a strong opponent who actually has a lot of power but hides it)

19. Sith Male – Missu (would absolutely love to have him as a new specimen)

20. Sith Female – Kaladin (wants to see just how sadistic she is. I must... not ship... them...).

So why do this? Let's be reminded of the benefits of being sponsored:

- Bonuses for your character during each task, except for the semi-finals and the finals

- Unlimited word count on a task of your choice before the semi-finals

- If you're up for voting, you can choose to save yourself once

- More detailed explanations behind your score for every task if you request it

- Request for my personal expectations from you next task

- A hint for next task ahead of time and you can use this perk anytime before the semi-finals

- A chance to save a friend from voting as long as they are also sponsored

Good luck. Remember to read about your assigned Gamemaker and pay attention to what kind of tributes they will each sponsor as well as their reasons for being there with you. Use that to impress them and hopefully win a sponsorship!