Task Three: Mayek and Aevo

Our word count was 3,157 but Mayek is using his sponsorship perk of unlimited word count. I'm posting it so you guys know we turned it in on time. Everyone else who hasn't handed in yet has until the 15th, so four more days left! Enjoy!

Aevo clenched his jaw to keep from snarling at the Stormtrooper that chained his right hand to the human man beside him. That's my dominant hand, Aevo thought. So much for shooting anything... He thought the man's name beside him was Mayek. "Well, looks like you and I are in this together," Aevo said. Whatever this is, he added in his mind.

Mayek sighed as he hoped that the Zabrak attached to his left wrist would be a better companion than the one before. He was separated from Sul-Juuk after the landing, thankful to be rid of her tenacious character. "Think we have any chance of surviving against them?" Mayek gestured to a Sith some feet away.

Aevo nodded, shooting the Sith a scornful glare. "Yeah, if we stay out of their way." In his experience, it was always best to stay away from the warriors with lightsabers. Especially since the good ones were all dead. Mostly, he thought, glancing over where Kanan was chained.

"Comfortable?" Defik asked with raised brows as he came up from behind Mayek.

"No." Mayek glowered. "Where have you been?"

Defik shrugged. "Catching up with Mazhdar. He's been hooked up to the Cathar."

Mayek rolled his eyes and motioned his chained hands. "I believe this is Aevo. Aevo, this is my brother, Defik."

"Pleasure to meet you, Aevo. I look forward to beating everyone else with you."

Aevo chuckled, but his negative mood only made it sound gruff. "Maybe... if you're a good shot." It was easy to tell the two men were brothers; they were both human and both had similar features. Star sat quietly across from them, as usual not bothering to say anything: only observe.

"I'd say I'm pretty good with any blaster." Defik smiled in reply.

"I bear witness to the fact my brother has a better aim than I do." Mayek wobbled his hands in front of him. "Shaky grip."

"This doesn't look good," Defik interjected.

Aevo shifted his gaze to follow where Defik and Mayek were looking.

Stormtroopers rushed into the room, dragging away anyone who wasn't chained to someone else. Two troopers snatched Star, but she didn't struggle as they dragged her away. Aevo's chest clenched, for reasons he couldn't explain. Watching them take her away wasn't easy and he wasn't even sure why.

Mayek shot a concerned glance to his brother. They were separated by the Empire too many times. It made him sick to the stomach. It almost seemed like the galaxy was bent on keeping them apart.

"I'll be rooting for you out there," Defik said as a Stormtrooper took his arm.

"Bet on me."

"I might." Defik nodded in assurance before being pulled away.

Mayek sighed as he watched his brother disappear into a starship. "Any plans?" he asked his new partner.

Aevo shook his head and gazed down at the gray, gloomy planet below. "Survive." It was about the only good advice he could give.

The transport took all the rebel pairs to the surface of Obstillia, dropping them onto a round pad. There was nothing around them. There was only the metal ground beneath their feet and the oxygen in the atmosphere. Aevo wondered how a place could look so empty and still exist.