Task One: Monster Arena

Vader observed the rebels being placed in his carefully constructed arena with vague amusement. He had designed it just like the one on Geonosis, complete with holographic Geonosians roaring in cheer as a crowd. His eyes traced over the old Republic Gunship in the center. He had no idea why seeing the crashed Gunship brought him sheer joy, but then there was also a much, much deeper side of him that felt faint memories stirring at the sight—memories from a different man than he.

"Wonder how those Jedi are going to do," Kaladin commented, eyeing Dasram.

Dasram crossed his arms. "I've fought Kanan enough to know he won't die easily. It's your Jedi I wonder about."

Kaladin huffed. "At least mine is close to giving into the Dark Side. Yours... isn't. Not to mention you also bet on two humans and one's even a slave. How exactly do you hope to win the betting with sponsored tributes like that?"

Dasram rolled his eyes. "It's not always about power or outward strength. Lord Vader will tell you the same. Sometimes strength comes from within." Dasram shifted his eyes to Vader, who said nothing.

Jicelli pursed her lips. "Mere strength does not win all battles. Sometimes it takes a certain... deceptive nature. Verita has that."

Missu cackled. "Deceptiveness? Strength? Listen to you! Power in the Dark Side is all that it takes to win. Without that, you have nothing! Yurrei is sure to pass his test and after he wins..." Her voice trailed off, ending in a soft yet raucus laughter. "... Then I can continue my work on him..."

Ezaye scoffed. "Please. Sha'ar and Sarilea's desire for money make them more adept to winning. Don't you think, Ish?"

Ish shrugged. "Mesa tink desa Ewok gonna win."

All eyes shifted to him before most of them ended in laughter, except for Vader, who simply kept his eyes trained on the tributes below.

Agruss stroked his chin. "Zillah and Sul-Juuk are both resourceful and both have what it takes to win, if they can ever learn their place..."

Though the Gamemakers all had their own ideas about what would happen should their sponsored tributes win, Vader knew that Lord Sidious would never allow any of the rebels to win.

Never.

Just as one of the others began to respond, Vader lifted a hand, hushing them all instantly.

Down in the arena below, the doors were beginning to open. Vader felt a rise in the Dark Side of the Force, coming from the horrid monsters deep within.

At last, Vader finally spoke, dragging the attention of everyone nearby. "It's time to begin."

***

Here is your task:

Orange sand stretches before you as you stand in the center of a circular arena. The walls tower over everything, plump with thousands of Geonosians and spectators to watch. There are twenty tall pillars to which you are chained to. In the center of the arena is an old, crashed Republic Gunship filled with weapons only—no supplies. On the edges of the walls, spaced at even six foot intervals, are large doorways. There are twenty of them, one for each rebel. Out of these doorways appear monsters, all manner of evil creatures you've only heard about in nightmares and children's horror stories. You can't see the one behind you, but you can hear it.

You must include the monster behind you. Feel free to include the others and observe them as they try to eat the other tributes. Make sure that any monster included is from the Star Wars universe and make sure they're described well.